Cashbonds (again)

I kinow there was a bit of discussion on this below, but I'd just like to say that having just finished Steve's Melbourne seminar, cashbonds finally makes sense.

In a way it's a simple concept, but I for one have found it hard to grasp - now have a much better idea.

And at the risk of echoing what others have said many times - get along to a seminar - great value, and for me it linked the opportunity available in the main investment classes much more clearly.

I'm comfortable that the strategy is right - now I just have to find the assets that fit the criteria.

Cheers,

TL

Tony,

Good to see you have been to Uncle Steve's course, and learnt a lot of value. Welcome to the club!

For anyone who has not been along to one of Steve's courses, you're not doing yourself a favour by not going. $250 for a weekend, including lunches and a one-one-one consultation with Steve, must be of good value.

Of course, he is selling something. But, for me, what he sells is of benefit to both of us.A real win-win.

Ahem

Originally posted by geoffw

Of course, he is selling something. But, for me, what he sells is of benefit to both of us.A real win-win.

Hi Geoff,

Very small CORRECTION: Am I selling anything?

Sincerely, I offer my form of education WITHOUT any expectation or obligation that any course attendee buy anything!

The fact that some might find validity in some of what I present and then of their own volition choose to do business with my group, then becomes a 'win / win situation.

Education for the love of giving education, those that know me are aware that all my 'business' needs are provided by my personal assets and my share business. (Which is separate from the education courses.)

Please feel free to comment, if you see it any differently.

Regards,

Steve

:)

I offer my form of education WITHOUT any expectation or obligation that any course attendee buy anything!
Fair comment Steve.

And I will point out to others than when I had my consulatation with Steve, I was told that I was doing the right thing for now- and to come back in 12 months time.

Quite a refreshing change from other financial "advisors".

I've booked in the February seminar in Melbourne.
... and I've just finished talking with a financial advisor from NAB and got him to have a look at the "Cash bonds" thread. He said that there are "more effective" ways of investment i.e. shares and managed funds. I've got an appointment with him next week. Would be interesting to compare his opinion with what Steve teaches at his seminars, after I attend it.

Thanks.

Re: Ahem

Originally posted by Steve Navra

Very small CORRECTION: Am I selling anything?

Sincerely, I offer my form of education WITHOUT any expectation or obligation that any course attendee buy anything!
Yes, you are selling something. Your courses are a combination education/marketing exercise. The thing you are educating on is something only you can do with the banks, so yes you are marketing your services.

I, like many others don't have a problem with you doing that, but you can’t _just_ call it education when you are the only conduit.

Jas

Re: Re: Ahem

Originally posted by jas
The thing you are educating on is something only you can do with the banks,

Jas

Hi Jas,

The cashbond is merely an annuity - anyone can do them.

Yes I do securitise the bonds for my clients - ANYONE else can do that too. So I am NOT the 'only conduit' as you have asserted.

The courses ARE education, purely for the love of doing them!

In fact we will only contact an attendee post the course if THEY REQUEST it. Also it is beyond that, still the clients CHOICE whether to elicit our services or not.

Is this selling / marketing??

Regards,

Steve

For what it's worth, if I had the perception that Steve was *selling* something specific, I would not have the inclination to attend his seminar (which I hope to do in Melb in Feb).

The key is in me believing that the advice/education I am receiving is unbiased. Understandably a course type situation does not mean I will receive *individual* advice but it is still important to know the advice on offer is *best practice* advice and not *best way of lining the adviser's pockets* advice.

Steve seems like a decent person who is interested in helping people with their financial education. He contributes to forums like this off his own bat (as does Dale, Rolf etc).

If Steve makes a buck out of returning business, I'm sure he's happy about that, if he doesn't I get the impression he probably feels reasonably good within himself knowing he's improved someone's financial education.

Demonstrating that one has an excellent knowledge of a particular subject matter, and sharing it with people, does not in itself constitute "selling", even if it indirectly might win you business.

Thanks Kev,

The answer to what constitutes selling / education / helping is this simple:

IF, anyone thinks my education as offered at the courses is selling anything, well simply DON'T BUY!!

I really have no expectations beyond the courses other than that you would use the knowledge to enhance your current position.

The assessments and advice given have no charge or fee attached.

IF, and ONLY if a client requests us to, might a business relationship arise thereafter.

This is what Geoff refers to as the 'win / win' situation. ;)

Regards,

Steve

Back