Cashflow Game- Canberra

We're planning our next Canberra meeting- a Cashflow game, to be held on Staurday, 24 July- 1PM to 4PM- at the Canberra Irish Club, Parkinson St, Weston.

As always, please email Ed on [email protected] if you'd like to come along (or even if you can't make it this time, but would like to be notified of future meetings).

Hope to see people there.

** Bump **

I'll be bringing along the Hybrid Real Estate game as well, if anyone wants to try.

If I can find my CD Rom, I'll bring the electronic Cashflow as well.

Will 3 hours be sufficient for a full game of Cashflow 202?. My general experience is that its not sufficient time for more than one or two players to get out of the rat race

qazwsx said:
Will 3 hours be sufficient for a full game of Cashflow 202?. My general experience is that its not sufficient time for more than one or two players to get out of the rat race
Unfortunately it's probably not enough to get through a game of 202.

We have the function room available only for the three hours. Well, it IS a free venue.

I was told that if we stayed on too long, I might get jumped upon by Irish dancers. And that was not an invitation.

It may be possible to take a game still in progress into the public area.

I hope to be in the club by 12- in case anybody wishes to buy lunch- but that's a hope, not a promise.

Thanks to all who came. It was an excellent afternnon. About 20 truned up- 10 had never played Cashflow before. The newbies played 101, AceyDucey brought 202 along (thanks Acey).

But, in an amazing performance, one newbie couple mde it, not only out of the ratrace, but to win the game, in just six throws.

.In the third roll they bought a property worth $50K
.Before they rolled again, there was a market card offering them $90K (Now, that's a boom)
.They picked up a big deal card givin them there required cashflow for $30K deposit
.Two rolls in the fast track, and they landed on their dream.

The others played on- but nobody made it onto the fast track in the allotted time.

Thanks to all who turned up. I gather from the comments that many participants found it an excellent learning experience. (Apparently in the 202 game, three players teamed up to take advantacge of a particularly good deal- some good lateral thinking there from people).

Thanks to the people who organised the afternoon and provided the games. It was great to put some faces to names, meet new people and have a chat.

Cheers

Great fun,

I second Will's comments.

In the 202 game we had three players get out of the rat race, but finished without an actually 'winner' (everyone wins).

Interestingly enough they were the Janitor, Police Officer & (I think) a Truck Driver....the lowest paid workers.

The Pilot, although she was able to finance big deals & paid down most of her expenses, had similar issues to the ones many of the higher paid professions seem to have in Cashflow...too many expenses :)

I hope everyone had a good time & learnt something!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

qazwsx said:
I was the truck driver and I didnt get out. Had a pretty poor game actually. Didn't get many deals.
That can be like real life. I mean, I didn't get any good deals in 25 years of my working life.

Because I had my eyes closed to them.

In 1991, people were talking about investment property.

I quietly smiled to myself and knew that they would not get anywhere with it. (In fact, due to a flat market, for many years, they did not get anywhere with it).

But look who's laughing now.

geoffw said:
That can be like real life. I mean, I didn't get any good deals in 25 years of my working life.
The benefit of playing Cashflow a number of times is that you get to learn what it feels like to not get those opportunities & spend a lifetime as a wage slave....

The aim is to learn how to not do it in life - cause there's no reset button :)

The benefit we have in real life, which you don't have in cashflow, is that you're not limited to interacting with around 5 other people, to waiting to see what hand is dealt to you or faced with a black & white set of rules.

Qaz, your most successful deal of the game was the three-way purchase of 50 apartments. Likewise in life you have to think outside the box!

Sorry I thought it was the truck driver who got out third.....which profession was Luke playing?

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi :)
thanks guys for organising game
I had to change my name from recovery
as my mail address was not good enought
so hopfully will see you all next game
retire GLENN :D

Back