Cashflow Game

W

WebBoard

cashflow the game
Date: 8/22/00
Time: 8:40:10 PM

hello I am intending to buy the cashflow game this week, and after finding out how much it is (nearly the same price as the playstation I just bought), thought I'd better get someones opinion on whether it is worth it. Is it just an expensive monopoly game that relies on luck, or does it really teach some important lessons? Also is each game different, or does it become repetative fairly fast? I love monopoly however it is a little bit too easy, as well as the luck component is too great.

I have just read Rich Dad Poor Dad, it was a pretty good book. If anything its taught me to keep my eyes open for possible money making schemes (within real estate). I own 3 IPs, and when you take into account the tax return they would probably break even. I quite like the idea of actually having a positive cashflow, and the book and certain people on this forum have demonstrated that it is possible.

I would be interested to hear from anyone that has been able to negotiate a settlement period longer than 6 months (with vacant possession).

Every day I see beautiful houses (victorian type) close to town (within 15 mins of Adelaide) that are vacant, and are being left in a total state of disrepair. The owners of these properties if they were interested in selling would have nothing to lose on a long settlement period. I am determined that my next IP will be done this way. If I can get an 18 month settlement period with vacant possession then I could give myself 6 months to make the house presentable, then use the other 12 months to rent it out, this would be money towards the deposit. Anyway its only an idea what do other people think?

Regards Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
JOD

Reply: 1

Did I miss something?
Date: 8/23/00
Time: 12:39:54 PM

Adam, Re Cashflow. You’re agonising over a decision on something that may improve your financial intelligence yet presumably didn’t bat an eyelid at buying a doodad that may give you eyestrain, RSI and chew up endless hours.

Sydney water may have additives that’ll lay you out for weeks but at least it doesn’t effect our brains, just give us an attitude perhaps. Cashflow is well worth the money.

Jack of Diamonds

Adam

Reply: 1.1

Re: Did I miss something?
Time: 7:21:18 PM

Hello I put that in on purpose to see if anyone would bite. I did buy the console and I actually thought to myself at the time I'm doing exactly what Ive been told not to do (through the book) and yes I'm already bored with the machine. I actually rationalised with myself I was saving money by buying a playstation because if I didn't then I would have to spend 5000 thousand for a PC that would handle the games I like. I have decided to buy the cashflow game tommorow. PS anyone want a second hand games console.

Regards Adam

David

Reply: 1.1.1

Re: cashflow the game
Time: 8:18:20 AM

With regards to the long settlement: you never know if you don't ask. Approach the vendor and put your offer to him. It might not happen but then again....

David

Jake

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Re: cashflow the game
Time: 7:33:31 AM

Adam the cashflow game is a good investment.While luck of the cards can be a factor at times it is still a great learning tool and fun. Make sure you have people play it with. We live near Adelaide post your email address if you wish to have a game before you buy.

Gee Cee

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Re: cashflow the game Why are they vacant
Time: 9:14:09 PM

How come these gems are sitting there vacant. Have they already been purchased by a big developer for a large project awaiting all the approvals. If not are they falling down? Do they require total refit which will cost more than is worth putting into it?

Why would anyone want to give you such a long settlement time unless the market was going backwards?

There is no way I would have a property sit vacant so long. Neither would I give such a long settlement period.

Gee Cee

Then again if it was out the back of no where and no one even looked at it I may. But that is not selling. It is just dumping.

Adam

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Re: cashflow the game Why are they vacant
Time: 11:17:16 PM

Hello These are questions I don't know myself. If I dig a bit deeper and find answers to these, there are, as you say, probably very valid reasons why they are just sitting there.

To be honest with you (after reading this forum)I would class myself as a very average investor. I do have 3 properties and I'm only 26 however they do not actually make me a lot of money (yet). The main reason I invest is to be able to retire by the time I'm 40.

I realise that there is no magic answers out there, however I am smart enough to know there are people making fortunes from ideas slightly outside of the norm. I'm just trying to latch on to one of those ideas to get ahead of the pack.

regards Adam

Back