Cashflow positive property in regional areas

Hi All,

Once I purchase a place in QLD my neutral portfolio will turn negative for a bit. Need to counter this with a low CG house but great returns...like 10% or so.

Anyone know where I can begin looking? Im looking at a regional area with more than just one industry that supports the town.

I agree. Consider buying student accom - rent by the room, in a large regional like Newcastle for example. Easy to get 10+% yield + good CG.

Hey Prop,

For a scenario like this, would it be self managed student accom or are there property managers in Newcastle who cater to this market?

Cheers

Rooster

We have those type of houses-cum-student accommodation properties in Carlton. They give quite good yields combined with the great capital growth seen in Carlton over the past few years. But that sort of investment is only limited to certain areas - in Victoria it'd be Carlton, Parkville and Bundoora.

Hey Prop,
For a scenario like this, would it be self managed student accom or are there property managers in Newcastle who cater to this market? Rooster

Hi Rooster,
There are specific property managers who cater to this market - and do a damn good job at it too IMO.
Cheers, Alan

Hi All,

Once I purchase a place in QLD my neutral portfolio will turn negative for a bit. Need to counter this with a low CG house but great returns...like 10% or so.

Anyone know where I can begin looking? Im looking at a regional area with more than just one industry that supports the town.

take a look at blackwater theres a 12% one there with a 2yr company lease

or other bowen basin mining towns

Back