Cashflow v Monopoly

W

WebBoard

Hi all

In reading the most addition to the Rich Dad Poor Dad collection.....rich kid smart kid.....Robert paints a strong picture re the influence that monopoly has had on his strategy for investing.

Anyone care to comment?

Although I have three to go, for me this seems to be quite sound advice, that is;

Purchase four houses\units
Purchase one hotel, business, block of units

Any tales to tell from the seasoned investors out there as to the process you followed? GC, TW, Les....et al.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Also much cheaper to buy Monopoly than CashFLow

Reply: 1.1

Does anyone know of a retailer for Cashflow in South Oz, I don't use a credit card so ordering from POWWOW is not an option.

Firefrog

Reply: 1.1.1

any one ever sell them second hand.. ??

Reply: 1.1.2

Try asking in Dymocks or Angas & Robertson... I once saw a copy of Cashflow for Kids in a store in Sydney... haven't seen Cashflow 101 yet.

Alternatively try ringing or emailing Powwow Events and ask them if you can send a cheque or money order ?

As for credit card... while I was in Uni (Adelaide Uni !) I had an account with Australian Central Credit Union that had a VISA facility. It was actually a debit card... there was no credit facility so I could only spend what I had in my account. This meant I could still have the flexibility of a VISA card without having to qualify for (or pay off) credit. Worked a treat.

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1.2.1

Never Been a Games person. Still Ain't.

OK you can learn from them. Most people enjoy games.

I luv networking, negotiating and getting into deals.

I have very limited time to sit down and just play. (Find it boring)Even from when I was a kid. Obviously just my personality. Maybe I am A.D.D. or S.O.M.E.T.H.I.N.G.

Some people play games and win, but never do anything.

Others are in between.

But always play to win.??

Gee Cee

Prefer Real Life Stuff.

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1

A lot of talk of value of cashflow has been simply the networking that the gathering allowed to happen, seems to me that it would be cheaper to organise a coffee morning/evening via these forums and get a group together to just sit and chat rather than having to pay $500 to get a game

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1

Biggest thing I find is that everyone at cashflow games are so set at their tables playing "Make Believe", (Wish I could) games that you cannot even meet them.

Then after it finishes they all say bye bye and go home.
No networking, No new acquaintances. No time to even meet everyone. They are all to busy mathematically calculating their make believe assets, liabilities and cashflows.

Give me a nice beer garden, a bunch of people to meet. Experiences and goals to talk about. That is my scene.

Cashflow; great for groups at someones house on Saturday night after a BBQ.

But if newbies want to talk to has beens, or deal makers want to network,then give me the beer garden any day.

Just my view.

Gee Cee

Any Opinions
I am sure to get some upset replies here.

Gee Cee

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1

Hiya Gee Cee

As you know Trace and I have organized some of these games in Sydney, and I'm not upset ner ner na ner ner....

But good point, the next lunch/dinner could be just a really good get together for "talking".

Who is interested in that???

Let me know...

hehe

Cheers
Robert

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1

I'd be up for a get together in Sydney, games or no games !

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1

I would love to attend any get togethers in Brisbane area, as an extreme newbie I hope to learn heaps...

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Ummmm - who said you had to play the game?

I'll be going to the Lone Star on Saturday, and I'd love to play a race, or whatever one does. But if there aren't enough games to go round, or I haven't finished mingling, or the Wife hasn't finished all the drinks I promised her, then I won't mind at all just holding up the bar and hearing other people's opinions on life, the universe,and everything.

But it's fun to have a theme. The shyer among us (me) need to think they are 'going' for a reason. And then when we all get there the even can develop as it should.

Just my opinion

Kristine

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Kristine

With the amount of drinks "the wife" is due she will not be in a state to talk to anyone.

I've seen her there and well I reserve the right to make no comment.

But Trace and I are looking forward to catching up with everyone in Melbourne again on this Saturday night, actually Trace and I will be there for 4-5 days from this Saturday doing the property hunting thing.

Cheers
Robert

Reply: 1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hopefully another session will be organised soon, I unfortuantly had to work that night, but I really think I cna gain from meeting you all, so please organise another one soon

Reply: 1.1.3

Firefrog,
I asked at Angus and Robertson at Unley and they said they could get it in. I have a friend at Newton who has it. I will ask them on Friday where they bought their copy from
Julie_adelaide

Reply: 1.1.4

G'day,

For people in South Australia you can purchase Cashflow and its expansion from the games place in Tea Tree Plaza. There are a few other stores I believe, but this was the closest one for us since we're at Modbury Heights.

It was a worth while purchase as we went halves with another couple.

Maybe we could have some SA people around one night to play and/or talk about investing in property etc.. ???

Andrew.

Reply: 1.1.4.1

Gudday Andrew,

Boyler Room has organised cashflow nights in the past in Adelaide, so he might be a good place to start if you're looking for a get together.

Also check out the Freestyler website http://www.freestyler.net.au as there is information posted there occasionally about upcoming games.

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1.4.1.1

G'day everyone.

Sorry I've just moved and have only JUST got the phone connected (grr.... Tesltra)

Anyways, Yes I organise Cashflow nights and I ALSO SELL CASHFLOW GAMES. If you'd like to contact me feel free to email me at [email protected]

To those Adelaideans up there, I'm pretty sure you're in my address book and I send you regular updates as to when the games are etc etc but I never hear from you. If you're not getting the emails, please let me know... if you are getting them, please come along to one of our nights.

The next get together in Adelaide is our Freestylers meeting on May 7. It's at 7.30pm and we meet at Guide House, 278 South Tce, Adelaide.

The next Cashflow night will be around the 23rd or 24th of May.

Let me know which day is better and if you can make it or not.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Boyler Room
Co Ordinator for ADL Freestylers

Back