Catch all television thread

ITT: we discuss great t.v.

Second half of Mad Men Season 7 hit the screens today (Sunday night in Seppoland). Haven't watched it yet, but TBH, the last couple of seasons have been quite the let down.

Also been watching:

American Crime - shaping up to be pretty good
The Following
Archer
Justified (this season is the last season and has been killing it)
The Returned (okay, not great)

Been told that Fortitude is good, just d/led a couple ep's. Looking forward to the new season of Ray Donovan, Liev Schreiber is so good in this.

Hm might have to check out some of those suggestions,

I have been watching

Archer, Walking Dead, The 100, True Detective, In the Flesh, The Following and started Better Call Saul (not sure about this one yet!)

Phew that is a lot. I think I'm getting square eyes!!:)

Suits
Better Call Saul
Game Of Thrones
House of Lies - bit over this now though
Walking Dead - plot is rubbish now, but like Lost I have to continue....

Wanting to watch Soprano's again from the beginning.
Heard good things about "The Wire" so want to give that a run..

Hm might have to check out some of those suggestions,

I have been watching

Archer, Walking Dead, The 100, True Detective, In the Flesh, The Following and started Better Call Saul (not sure about this one yet!)

Phew that is a lot. I think I'm getting square eyes!!:)

True Detective was awesome

House of Lies - bit over this now though

Had never watched this until very recently. Then binge watched the entire four seasons over about a week. I like Don Cheadle a lot, so it was fun to watch.

Walking Dead - plot is rubbish now, but like Lost I have to continue....

I have a policy of not wasting time on anything that doesn't grab me. T.V. shows, movies, books, whatever. If it's not exciting to me, it gets thrown on the reject pile very quickly. Damn shame to see this get ruined, especially since the storyline in the comics is so great.

Heard good things about "The Wire" so want to give that a run..

You need to get on this right now. It's easily in the Top 3 best series ever made.

Will do.
I have to accommodate my girlfriends tastes so it is a balancing act lol.
We smashed Dexter in a couple of weeks
Walking dead first couple of seasons was really good. I guess it had more success than they anticipated so they are just beating a dead horse now..

Hell on Wheels is good IMO also. Have not seen the most recent series but first couple were good.

Will def chase down The Wire.

My GF wants to see Breaking Bad for the first time. It was in my top 3, but not sure I am ready to go through the whole thing again, but like a said im ready to do Soprano's again as its been 6 years I think since I watched it..

The Shield was a good one too. - For those who were a fan of the movie Training Day...
Had never watched this until very recently. Then binge watched the entire four seasons over about a week. I like Don Cheadle a lot, so it was fun to watch.

I have a policy of not wasting time on anything that doesn't grab me. T.V. shows, movies, books, whatever. If it's not exciting to me, it gets thrown on the reject pile very quickly. Damn shame to see this get ruined, especially since the storyline in the comics is so great.

You need to get on this right now. It's easily in the Top 3 best series ever made.

I love Better Call Saul - brilliant characters and writing, Bob Odenkirk is fantastic.

def watch the Wire, and American Crime is shaping up very well. I also enjoyed The Affair and the Shield and Sons of Anarchy - I love that they use the same writers and actors here and there.

I still watch the Walking Dead with my son, we watched the finale on his birthday last Tuesday in Canberra on holidays :)

I really like the Americans - esp the first episode when they played 'tusk' to build tension, they haven't continued with the best music unfortunately, but show itself is very good. I'm enjoying like Indian Summers - beautifully shot, interesting characters and amazing setting. The Outlander is good too.

Been re-watching Rake (the Aussie one), such a great show. Had never heard of it, but was staying with the 'rents one night and it was on and that was it - I was hooked!

ITT: we discuss great t.v.

Second half of Mad Men Season 7 hit the screens today (Sunday night in Seppoland). Haven't watched it yet, but TBH, the last couple of seasons have been quite the let down.

Really enjoyed the first ep of Mad Men season 7 part 2. Don getting back to doing Don things (ie - drinking and fornicating)

Have enjoyed The Affair, although I have three unseen episodes on the IQ. Struggling to keep up. Also have four episodes of True Detective on the IQ as well, I struggled to get into it.

I like How to Get Away With Murder, and love The Good Wife, although I haven't enjoyed this season as much as prior seasons.

I'm a couple of years behind but right now I'm loving...

House of Cards
Homeland

Really like House of Cards. Need to get Netflix so I can see S3.

Homeland lost it's way for me halfway through S2, when Carrie kept breaking the rules, disobeying superiors and they kept promoting her! Season 1 was great though.

Back