Caveat Emptor suggestion

Should we get buyers agents to post deals on Caveat Emptor?

• Yes

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
Is there any problem posting deals in the Caveat Emptor section?

I've been a finder for the past four years in NZ and am interested in posting Kiwi deals here, but I sure don't want to be dodging bullets!

What's the go?

My experience is unless you are prepared for the likely barrage of replies where anyone who may be interested will be influenced by those that post being negative...... don't go there. http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6884&highlight=sandgate+kevin

It's now selling for 949k.

Kev
www.khbs.com.au

Thanks for the link Kev. Yes, that's about enough to put anyone off!

I'm kind of amazed that due diligence would be done in a forum setting rather than the potential buyer simply contacting the vendor or agent and dealing to it that way. Obviously, the chit-chat was not from people actually interested in purchasing your deal.

I think I'll just lurk a bit longer!

Vicky

Thanks for the link Kev. Yes, that's about enough to put anyone off!

I'm kind of amazed that due diligence would be done in a forum setting rather than the potential buyer simply contacting the vendor or agent and dealing to it that way. Obviously, the chit-chat was not from people actually interested in purchasing your deal.

I think I'll just lurk a bit longer!

Vicky

Wise move :D

Understand your point but it is a forum and not an advertising medium for agents to sell there wares ( or anyone else for that matter). Forumites can be very harsh but it's an open forum for everyone to express opinion and that shouldn't change.

As a business person it is very important to understand that. Many business people have had their reputations put on the line here at Somersoft and now no longer participate. This is not the ideal forum to sell your wares, and nor should it be. On that occasion I thought I had a genuine opportunity that I wanted a somersoft investor to take advantage of but alas......

Kev
www.khbs.com.au

Back