CBA insurance vs ANZ

Ive had a cba comminsure policy for over 13 yrs and never made a claim. It costs me $115 pcm for building and landlord insurance (for a 3b/r 1 bath). I recently asked for quote from ANZ (as Ive just refinanced with them) and for the same policy and excess its $185 per month.

Ive tried comparing the 2 policies and they seem close enough. I would like to cut ties with cba but I would be better off spending the $780 saved on my next holiday and stay with comminsure

If you have either policy how do you rate it and more importantly what were they like when you made a claim?

If you have either policy how do you rate it and more importantly what were they like when you made a claim?
Note that the answer as to which is better depends on which state you're in, and whether you're looking for home only, or home and contents, amongst other factors.

This tool is good for comparing: http://www.canstar.com.au/home-insurance/

I've been involved in insurance advocacy for home insurance consumers, and FWIW, both have a good claims reputation.

I had a nasty break in, entry through smashed sliding glass door, was in winter months so freezing, had tried entry through front door and unable to enter because of deadlock, so much force used required new front door and security screen. Several internal doors smashed, tv, dining chair smashed throwing it at dogs I presume. They were obviously interrupted when my son came home as nothing stolen. Keys were missing though.

Rang emergency number at 0300 hours for CBA, nothing done at that hour.

Locksmith came out that day. Sliding door installation was dodgy but they were on to that and resolved that quickly, was replaced with high standard glass. This was my own home. I have had a claim with another insurance company who didn't care a damn. I had multiple calls ensuring I was happy with standard of repairs, wanting to know if I felt safe, was safe, given two entry points were compromised.
I was very impressed with the way claim was handled and how issues with the dodgy repair of sliding door was dealt with and compassion and empathy, a rare thing these days. I am more then happy to stay with CommInsure.

I work for CBA so take with a grain if salt if you must. I've personally made a claim with comminsure, they were nothing but excellent, called me following up asking for my documents to be produced as they wanted to sort the claim ASAP, I didn't have them ready yet as they were too quick for me. They paid out for damages and loss of rent as cash settlement, no issues.

I'm with Comminsure for LL insurance on one of my IP's - I'll be making a claim in the next few weeks so I'll be interested to see how it goes.

Back