Celebrity Tenant!

Minor celebs (footballers, soap stars, aspiring models) often have chips on their shouldes and little respect for anyone or anything. Larger celebs (movie stars, iconic TV people) often have a privilege mindset but luckily iconic Oz celebs are pretty much down to earth (they've usually had the stuffing kicked out of them by the time they've climbed the greasy pole and learned to behave if they've diva tendencies to being with - exceptions of course!). Treat the C list as special needs clients and you'll be less surprised at their behaviours. Treat the A graders as ordinary people doing a job and they'll appreciate you more.

Celebrity doesn't rub off despite what many people think and hope ( 'I've danced with a man, who's danced with a girl, who's danced with the Prince of Wales' ). Just treat them as ordinary tenants. The A list will appreciate it and you'll save yourself dramas with the C list.

And agree Rae - it's the 'posse' that you have to watch out for.

Thanks to everyone for replying.

I considered all of your replies carefully. I especially liked Jame's reply to one of marg's statement which got me thinking:

Here's marg's statement:

"Originally Posted by marg4000
From reported and televised behaviour, some "celebrities" seem to think they are above the law and courtesy seems to be in short supply.
Marg "

and here is James'

"That probably applies to the general population, I think."

So the celebrity moves in tomorrow. Bond paid, first month's rent paid. Will see how it goes, but really, people are people. Some good, some bad, regardless of whether they are students, professionals, tradesmen, or, celebrities.....

Will update as time goes on.....

Regards Jason.

do they plan on staying long term? If not, I'd probably pass them over and find someone more likely to stay long-term, as it'll save you on management fees, etc.

who gives a **** if they are a celebrity or not? I'm more interested in if they'll pay, look after the property and stay in it long term.

Thanks to everyone for replying.

I considered all of your replies carefully. I especially liked Jame's reply to one of marg's statement which got me thinking:

Here's marg's statement:

"Originally Posted by marg4000
From reported and televised behaviour, some "celebrities" seem to think they are above the law and courtesy seems to be in short supply.
Marg "

and here is James'

"That probably applies to the general population, I think."

So the celebrity moves in tomorrow. Bond paid, first month's rent paid. Will see how it goes, but really, people are people. Some good, some bad, regardless of whether they are students, professionals, tradesmen, or, celebrities.....

Will update as time goes on.....

Regards Jason.

Hey Jason

Curious to see how this is panning out?

Hey Jason

Curious to see how this is panning out?

The tenancy went perfectly. He stayed for almost two years and moved out last November to film another season of House in the US! The only thing we repaired for him was an extractor fan in the bathroom and there was a small cigarette burn in the carpet which he paid for willingly from his bond when he left. Our property manager also insisted he had the place cleaned by a professional cleaner which he did.

We now have a policeman and police lady living in the property and they are security very conscious!

If the opportunity ever rose again, I'd happily take on another celebrity!!

Regards Jason

Back