Census 2015

Not sure where to put this but as this will be my first time as an investor (and actually care about) Census results, Is there usually alot of people dissecting the information and using it to make investment decisions? Will it create increases in values in certain areas based on the results? And lastly what should i be looking for or if you care to share what you look for in the results?
Thanks

We use this census data extensively to view concentrations/density of public housing, houses vs units, owner occupiers and renters, rents, incomes - all on a street by street basis. We have to manually vet and update the base 2011 census data to ensure its relevance and accuracy - so yes we are eagerly anticipating the 2015 release.

Not sure if it would create movement in price, just based on the results. Ie. if the results show that DINK's have moved into the suburb, increasing incomes etc - this should already be obvious to the investor/home buyer - and largely built into prices as they sit today.

Get your copy of BIS Shrapnel reports - has everything you want to know and more

I was preparing to pick one up until I see the price tag...

For general property market economics, I normally gather from API magazine, here, and some other websites. I know these cannot be counted as 'professional sources', but for a new investor like myself (just one IP bought mid-2014), is this sufficient enough?

Or do you reckon if I fork out $1k for that report would benefit me greatly, in terms of learning.

Or do you reckon if I fork out $1k for that report would benefit me greatly, in terms of learning.

Most of this arrives in the public domain sooner or later. There's a billion bits of info out there and every wannabe and his dog is trying to flog info as if it's the keys to the golden castle.

I've subscribed to some of these in the past and lost interest within a few months. I can't say I've ever renewed a sub after tasting the fruits.

Census and ABS data usually only tell a couple of pieces of any suburb or city's puzzle. Not saying it isn't valuable, but as data in isolation with no corroboration it is difficult to rely on.

Not sure where to put this but as this will be my first time as an investor (and actually care about) Census results, Is there usually alot of people dissecting the information and using it to make investment decisions? Will it create increases in values in certain areas based on the results? And lastly what should i be looking for or if you care to share what you look for in the results?
Thanks

Not really. Never looked at it once. Analysis paralysis. When most people buy BHP shares they probably can't name what the company does.

Back