change agent

hi,
i am very dissapointed with my current agent.
lack of communication, phone mostly off, chasing her on what's going on every week, once i come to the inspection, she has other house brochure and send prospect customer to other property which have same inspection time with mine.
it's been 8 weeks in the market and following her advise she put the pirce lower than fibre board house available in the same suburb??? mine is brick and rendered???

i am thinking of changing agent. but will it become very dull, since the property already up there for long time and buyer will notice it is the same property just different agent with different price?
should i rent it out first before selling it again?

thanks for your guys advise

Hiya

How long are you tied to the agent for?

Sounds like a terrible performer - I'd be looking to switch asap.

Cheers

Jamie

Hua, remind yourself why you chose this agent/agency. Was it a value proposition, great marketing, agent reputation, highest appraisal, smooth talker, track record for similar properties, 'has a buyer/list of buyers who missed out at auction'?

How much of it is true.

Does the agent give you a written report or just two lines/phone call?

Is there genuinely low interest or are they difflecting the interest to other properties?

What is wrong with the property? Is that why you bought it?

What has been the feedback from the agent? - presentation, layout etc?

Is it overpriced?

The buyers might have said they were not interested and were looking something that was x or has x and she reffered them to another property.

Same thing might also happen at the other properties, a buyer might say I like this house but cant afford this area. Agent 'no worries I have a perfect house for you that hua owns, here is the brochure'.

Like Scott wrote, why did you pick the agent for?

Hiya

How long are you tied to the agent for?

Sounds like a terrible performer - I'd be looking to switch asap.

Cheers

Jamie

till next month. but we agreed to cease the agreement.
it just there will be list of people that if they purchase my property after the agreement, they'll fight for the commission but she said it's common.

Hua, remind yourself why you chose this agent/agency. Was it a value proposition, great marketing, agent reputation, highest appraisal, smooth talker, track record for similar properties, 'has a buyer/list of buyers who missed out at auction'?

How much of it is true.

Does the agent give you a written report or just two lines/phone call?

Is there genuinely low interest or are they difflecting the interest to other properties?

What is wrong with the property? Is that why you bought it?

What has been the feedback from the agent? - presentation, layout etc?

Is it overpriced?

i just know she sells a lot.
only her mobile number is available on ads.
but in terms of communication i am dissapointed.
the agent who sold me this property even better, smooth talk follow up twice a week, got list of property sold in the area, price range, etc... but i have to move on. so i need to think what's the best strategy for this property.

property is fully renovated and other agent advise nothing wrong and they cant see why i cant sell as what i targetting for. it's a very reasonable target to achieve.

will relist with other agent make difference? will it turn off people because of changing agent?

The buyers might have said they were not interested and were looking something that was x or has x and she reffered them to another property.

Same thing might also happen at the other properties, a buyer might say I like this house but cant afford this area. Agent 'no worries I have a perfect house for you that hua owns, here is the brochure'.

Like Scott wrote, why did you pick the agent for?

first low comission (i know this is very amateur mistakes)
second believe in claims that she sells a lot.

but how i see what brochure she put already turn me off.
mine printing papers being stapled.
next to mine books and elegant brochure of loan institution ready to lend money.

:mad:

Back