Change of owner - Agreement in Place

Hi all

We are settling on a property on Monday, and would like to self manage it. There are currently tenants at the place who have recently signed a fixed contract to remain there until Feb 2015. We are fine with that.

My question is what is the procedure when it comes to change of landlords and tenancy agreements that are already in place. Do we have to write up a new one with the previously agreed terms?

Obviously we have to share our details with the tenants such as name, contact details,where the rent is to be paid, but how is that written up?

Thanks in advance.

The fair trading website has a form for change of managing agent.

Request that the current managing agent prepare and hand over all documentation at settlement

Ensure that your solicitor adjusts any arrears (rent, water and anything else) at settlement.

Hi,

As Scott wrote you need to get the current managing agent to fill out a change of management form for you to have the ability to sign off on the bond.

You only need to notify the tenant by letter that you are the new owner and will be managing the property yourself. The letter should include how they can contact you for maintenance issues, how they can write to you and how to pay the rent to you.:)

HI all

Thank you for the replies. I spoke to the Managing agent yesterday who was very helpful in explaining the change over. I will be sending the contact details shortly.

Hi Macca, I had a good read of the attached when we bought our first property, but thank you for the heads up.

Back