Changing accountants

Hi everyone

I need to do my 2014 tax return however I want to ensure I am teamed up with a property focused accountant, with someone who can consider appropriate structures to leverage our financial and household situation ? so am looking for a new accountant.

My wife and I both own a few IPs in our own names, high disposable income/household income etc we?re also looking to our next purchase however want to ensure our tax/finances are in order before doing so.

Has anyone had recent interactions with Nick Moustacas recently and is he still recommended/reputable? There are quite a few older SS posts but not much recently?

Is transferring from one accountant to another as easy as having the file sent across? Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks!

It should be pretty straight forward for a new accountant to pick up where the old one left off - particularly if you're PAYG earners (assuming you are).

I guess it's a matter of supplying the new accountant with your last couple of years returns so they can see what was done previously.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi everyone

I need to do my 2014 tax return however I want to ensure I am teamed up with a property focused accountant, with someone who can consider appropriate structures to leverage our financial and household situation ? so am looking for a new accountant.

My wife and I both own a few IPs in our own names, high disposable income/household income etc we?re also looking to our next purchase however want to ensure our tax/finances are in order before doing so.

Has anyone had recent interactions with Nick Moustacas recently and is he still recommended/reputable? There are quite a few older SS posts but not much recently?

Is transferring from one accountant to another as easy as having the file sent across? Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks!

Nick is very good. Tax, accounting. Knows trusts. Financial adviser.

The new accountant can look after things. Typically new accountant will need copy of last returns. You may wish to contact the former accountant anyway and seek copies of their electronic records. Few keep paper records now.

Back