Charmhaven, NSW - Opinions

Hi,

I am new to this thread but have been undertaking some research about Charmhaven, NSW.

I've read some older posts about the Central Coast of NSW (from 2008) from this site. People have some fairly strong views on the area. I was wondering what locals and investors have to say about Charmhaven. I've had discussions with local agents all of whom have varying sales pitches about sales in this suburb. Most, however, agreed that a waterfront property in Charmhaven was worth somewhere in the low to high four hundred thousands and the rest of the suburb less.

The suburb recently experienced a record breaking price with the sale of 23 Panorama Avenue ($745k) which is a bit of a shock given the area's average price. The same suburb still has fibro shacks (1 Moala Parade, for example, which is almost across the street from 23 Panorama Avenue and is listed for sale at under $250k).

Capital growth has been very low in this suburb, even for the waterfront properties. As a result of the dramatic range in prices I'd appreciate hearing opinions of locals and investors about this particular suburb. Why would I live there? Why would I invest there? Or, why wouldn't I invest or live there?

Also, there seems to have been a lot of development with townhouses, villas and duplexes in Charmhaven and nearby Gorokan. Is this something worth considering?

Thanks very much, a long post, but I'd really appreciate reading what people think.

Thanks,
JP

Not much point getting opinions as that is all they are...opinions.... and as you have already seen, they are poles apart....you need to do the numbers, then go have a look for yourself and make up your own mind really.

But for what it's worth, I would be happy to invest there if the numbers were right...it's a growing area, centrally located between Syd and Newcastle and surrounded by natural beauty such as the lakes and the beaches.

But that's just my opinion....

...over to you Ev....:D

..... agreed that a waterfront property in Charmhaven was worth somewhere in the low to high four hundred thousands and the rest of the suburb less.
Yes, well that is just a fact supported by sales stats.

The suburb recently experienced a record breaking price with the sale of 23 Panorama Avenue ($745k) which is a bit of a shock given the area's average price.
Not really, considering the dirt is worth around $445K of that. That only leaves $300K for the building.

The same suburb still has fibro shacks (1 Moala Parade, for example, which is almost across the street from 23 Panorama Avenue and is listed for sale at under $250k).
Panorama is the premium street of the suburb. You pay to get on the water as opposed to just being near the water.

Capital growth has been very low in this suburb, even for the waterfront properties.
Over what timeframe? The figures disagree with you by the way - see attached chart for CG over the last 15 years.

As a result of the dramatic range in prices I'd appreciate hearing opinions of locals and investors about this particular suburb.
There can be dramatic range of prices in a waterfront suburb. The waterfront ones themselves will be high and the ones further away with no views even will be low by comparison. So this is just normal.

Why would I live there? Why would I invest there? Or, why wouldn't I invest or live there?
Who knows? You decide :p

Also, there seems to have been a lot of development with townhouses, villas and duplexes in Charmhaven
Really? weherabouts? have I missed something? There's a couple up on the Pacific Highway but that's about all I think.

.....and nearby Gorokan.
Yes, there is development with townhouses, villas and duplexes there.

Is this something worth considering?
Worth considering to buy? or to develop yourself?

Attachments

• charmhaven.jpg
    charmhaven.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 122
Back