Cheap and easy benchtop covering?

Hey All,
My mum is about to put her home on the market so we have spent some time brightening it up. I have repainted the entire kitchen including all cupboards and replaced all handles but the HIDEOUS green bench tops remain (Gotta love early 1970s colour schemes).

Now I sm not even sure what material they are but definitely not stone. It's a very smooth surface, almost like plastic or vinyl?
Anyway the reason for my post is I am wondering if anyone knows of any cheap and easy to install materials which I could use on these? I have heard laminex? But not really sure?

We are not keen to fully replace these and also not spend much on them, maybe a few hundred dollars.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the quick replies! Definitely looks the option. There is also a mob nearby I found that sprays them but given they are closed today I will try them tomorrow. If it's only say $100 or so different then I may do that otherwise more DIY!! Cheers

Is it a straight line, U, L shaped etc? You can buy new 2200 length laminate benchtops from Bunnings for $200. The issue is the mortice joints that need to be cut for corners.

Is it a straight line, U, L shaped etc? You can buy new 2200 length laminate benchtops from Bunnings for $200. The issue is the mortice joints that need to be cut for corners.

Being an old kitchen the tops are actually quite oddly shaped and there are 3 seperate sections of various sized tops.

I got a benchtop resurfaced some years ago when it was practically unheard of or recommended (The original was some ghastly orange colour) - it looked fantastic afterwards - it was now black. I don't remember what product was used but there was a proviso that you couldn't put anything very hot on it. It has started to chip now, but it was done a at least 8 years ago now. It was way cheaper at the time, than putting in new benchtop. If you are doing a quick reno to sell and you find it easier, quicker or cheaper then do it.

Back