Cheap Book - "Rich Dad Poor Dad"

And it's cash flow negative- he has to pay for postage.

I was speaking from the recipient's POV... unless they reimburse Jake for postage expenses!

Jake - any other investment books there you'd like to shift? I'm building my library :)

I was speaking from the recipient's POV... unless they reimburse Jake for postage expenses!

Jake - any other investment books there you'd like to shift? I'm building my library :)

Postage Shmostage.

Nah, sorry. Hanging onto the others.

(My copy of RDPD is spoken for, if anyone was wondering...)

The secret to the book is how it makes you think, how you look at the accumulation and spending of money.

The message in the book is the secret.

It was the catalyst for me.

The finding of these types of forums came after.

The cost of the book was the single most important investment in finance and investing education I made, because it changed my thinking, hence it changed the actions.

Speaking of $8.50, Guess how much Australia Post tried to charge me to mail a book from Perth CBD to Cloverdale about 25km away...

Speaking of $8.50, Guess how much Australia Post tried to charge me to mail a book from Perth CBD to Cloverdale about 25km away...

and guesss how much they charge for a money order!!! $7.95

so it cost me $7.95 +$1 postage to send a $30 money order,

last time it was about $3.95....a while ago

You could buy a 16 pack of toilet paper for $8.50, it would last longer and be more useful than RDPD.

While I understand why some people would say that- it's defective and superficial in a lot of ways- it has inspired a lot of people to get off their backsides and to do something about their financial literacy.

While I might rubbish the nursery rhymes I grew up with as a kid, and while I certainly wouldn't go back to read them, they provided a foundation for my reading which eventually led to much bigger and better things.

Back