Cheap Book - "Rich Dad Poor Dad"

You could buy a 16 pack of toilet paper for $8.50, it would last longer and be more useful than RDPD.

$8.50!

$8 is the most I'd pay for a 16 pack. Usually it's a 24 pack for $11. 50c or less per roll is the only way to roll. And you get to know which brands have the right balance of quality and quantity.

the book is very good IMO. it teaches you some good lessons about saving and its easy to understand unlike some investment books.

While I understand why some people would say that- it's defective and superficial in a lot of ways- it has inspired a lot of people to get off their backsides and to do something about their financial literacy.

While I might rubbish the nursery rhymes I grew up with as a kid, and while I certainly wouldn't go back to read them, they provided a foundation for my reading which eventually led to much bigger and better things.
very well said.

I have to spread the kudos, though.

I'm pretty much the most frugal human being to have walked on the crust of this planet, so saving and financial discipline isn't an issue for me. I'll be interested to see what else it offers.

I'm pretty much the most frugal human being to have walked on the crust of this planet, so saving and financial discipline isn't an issue for me. I'll be interested to see what else it offers.
I reckon for many folk who came to SS first, then found RK after, it would be preaching to the converted to read his books.

To the masses who's financial life is upside down, and have never been into investing, or know about this site...much different information value for them.

But of course; then they have to go out and act on it.

The secret to the book is how it makes you think, how you look at the accumulation and spending of money.

The message in the book is the secret.

It was the catalyst for me.

The finding of these types of forums came after.

The cost of the book was the single most important investment in finance and investing education I made, because it changed my thinking, hence it changed the actions.

Rich dad Poor dad did this for me too. The actual strategies were irrelevant. The one rule on 'how to get rich' completely changed how I thought about money.

So wait...how much was postage for 25km of travel through Australia post? (For a book...not toilet paper).

I know the bloke quite well, he is a very reserved and humble man, despite the wording of his books.

It actually happened to be the first investment I made in life, I remember asking my dad if it was a good idea to spend my birthday money on the book. He said to do it!

I didn't fully comprehend what was being said, but some points have stuck. I now have this title as an audio book on my iphone am listening to it a second time!

I have an autographed copy of RDPD. Met Robert Kiyosaki in Sydney and had the pleasure of telling him that his book inspired me to build my property portfolio. One of the best wealth creation books ever written.

Back