Cheap Build backyard

I'm looking to build a House in my backyard in Frankston, probably a 2-3 bedroom around 20squares. Can anyone recommend a builder and design? I'm looking to battleaxe so it will have it's own title. Is it possible to build for under $100k?
Thanks

You may build for under $100k, but the other costs such as council, water/sewer/BASIX/surveyor will get you.

I'm pricing a dual occ here. Builder's list price $68k. Extras $30k. Council $10k. Sydney water $3k to $16k depending how its done. Then there is drivways, fencing blah blah blah blah.

For small jobs the finall price per m can be quite high due fixed overheads. Perhaps consider a manufactured home. Per m not a cheap as a project home, but no project home is cheap in the size you talk off. Have a look here.

Also, manufactured homes are currently exempt for BASIX, this can be a big saving.

Bayside
It may be worth looking into re-locatable homes. You know the pre fab type. For example here in the wild west Fleetwood do a full range of these homes. I think they were originally designed as villa type accomodation for caravan park/ holiday villages. 1,2,3 or 4 bedders
They finish up being quite nice and you can put in as many modcons as you like. You could have a completed home in a matter of a few weeks if you bought one of these type of homes. Worth a look
cheers
yadreamin

Bayside
It may be worth looking into re-locatable homes.

Have a look along Chelsea Rd, between the library and the milkbar.

There's TWO relocatable homes on the one block.

How they got approval for that I don't know - but then there's all sorts of things here that the inner-eastern suburbs aethesist wouldn't like!

Back