cheap garage

Don't think I will get much more rent for adding a double garage, but it will probably rent easier. So wanting to do one fairly cheaply. It will be in front of the house, on the front boundary. I'm thinking brick pillars, tile roof, roller door, and infill between the pillars with textured cement sheeting. My worry is, what do you think the likelihood of a person (thief) just smashing through the sheeting to steal something?

get rid of the tile roof to save costs. weight of the tiles increasing timber sizes required and beams and then the columns. Go colourbond.

I wouldnt worry about smadhing through. paint it the render looking paint to throw off would be smashers thinking its concrete;)

carport for a rental would proboably do the same. but get a price for a carport then a price to close in the sides.
or carport with a roller door at the front and some lattice on the sides, depending how visible it would be

Check with the local council to see if they have any planning policies on the area too.. some councils will not allow closed in garages right on the boundary but will allow carports. with a planning application you might be able to justify it either way but it's a much quicker process if you can comply with the local policies...

Agree with bob on the colorbond roof which will reduce timber sizes, this can make quite a big difference to the cost...

Back