Cheap printer and/or cartridges? Any help?

I have a Lexmark three in one printer, fax (never used) and copier. The cartridges cost about $45 each (black and colour). I only paid $20 for the printer as a stop gap until I do some research.

I am after a printer that doesn't cost the earth that takes cartridges that are cheaper than $45 each.

I don't care what type of printer, or cartridges, laser or whatever. I just want to not have to pay out $90 every time I change both cartridges.

Can anybody help me?

Epson (Stylus) and Canon (Pixma) offer a great range of cheap printers with separate colour inks and awesome print quality. You can now get refilled ink carts for the Epsons from Cartidge World etc. whereas previously, you needed to buy genuine carts that were quite expensive. Either one would suit. Maybe go to Officeworks and check out the printer options and ink cart prices to get a feel for upfront and ongoing costs.

Thanks for the replies. I will have a nose about on ebay and those other sites and I think I need a trip to Office Works as well.

Yep,

Agree with Rolf. I have two printers, a Canon Pixma IP3000 and a Brother MFC-440CN. The latter is the Multi-Function Centre combination scanner/fax/printer. Both printers take separate black/magenta/cyan/yellow cartridges and I bought them in bundles of 16 odd on eBay for a buck or two each. Much cheaper than the sort of prices you mention which I had been paying previously. Definitely eBay is the way to go for replacement cartridges.

Cheers,
Michael

I've got a Brother MFC-9180 multi function mono laser.

for 2200 page yield cartridge
ebay $15
officeworks $50

I don't know anything about after market colour laser cartridges. Check it out carefully as there's a lot more disposbles for colour lasers.

Consider wireless networking, cos it lets you get the machine out of the way and you can send jobs to it from anywhere on your laptop.

Back