Check out my Gantry

I've been renovating my PPOR for a few months now.. new kitchen, concrete, tiling, painting, fans, new lighting..

Today I erected a Gantry in the backyard.. its for installing/removing engines out of trucks, for installing/removing cabs off trucks, for unloading stuff from my truck and its going to support Shade Sails out towards the shed, the house, and towards the camera..

Check it out!

gantry1000.JPG

Last edited:
Wow there is going to be a lot of envy among a number of the lads on this forum (and maybe even a few of the girls!!).

That is one big slab of cement also and I think it will be great when the shade sails go in, it will just make all the difference when it gets really hot down there.

Cheers
Petal

Good crane mate . Looks like a handy sort of truck too ...

Can i borrow it to cart my hay in later on ;)

Looks like someone did a good job on the concrete . Watch out for those power wires i can see in the corner !

gantry

Now that looks like a handy bit of gear.

At first I thought it was a bit of an eyesore stuck right out there in the middle of the concrete area but after reading that it will be part of the support structure for the shade sails I think they will camoflage it nicely.

I'd love a yard that big. I'd love a truck too. A tilt tray Bedford would be cool (not to mention very handy).

I'd love a yard that big. I'd love a truck too. A tilt tray Bedford would be cool (not to mention very handy).

That photo only shows a fraction of the backyard.. 3/4 Acre block in the heart of the southern suburbs.. virtually no neighbors, back and front access.. its perfect for my needs.

I've been wanting a tilt tray as well.. one day!

Good crane mate . Looks like a handy sort of truck too ...

Can i borrow it to cart my hay in later on ;)

Looks like someone did a good job on the concrete . Watch out for those power wires i can see in the corner !

I've had hay on that truck.. it looks great with a load of hay on it :)

The photo is deceptive.. the power lines are a long way away.. 30 metres or more..

Back