Checklist when going to open for inspections ?

Hi guys

I'm at work atm and would like to print out a property inspection checklist as I dont have a printer at home. I only just decided yesterday to start going to home opens and havent had a chance to look for a good checklist yet.

Can someone help me please with a link.

Oh and I'll come online tomorrow and tell you all about my good news with the mortgage broker. :)

thanks

Maybe I should do some research/homework first though before going to my first home opens. I'll have to be careful what I say to the real estate agent and not divulge too much info. I also dont want to look like a total beginner. hmmm.

What would you do? Do a bit of reading first? Maybe thats the best plan of attack so I go in with some knowledge. I'm a bit rusty as I havent purchased since 2009. I'll re read my old posts and do some reading first I think before attending any opens. :)

If you are intending to purchase soon, go for home opens from this week itself. You don't have to buy straightaway but you can see what's going on out there right now.

Maybe I should do some research/homework first though before going to my first home opens. I'll have to be careful what I say to the real estate agent and not divulge too much info. I also dont want to look like a total beginner. hmmm.

What would you do? Do a bit of reading first? Maybe thats the best plan of attack so I go in with some knowledge. I'm a bit rusty as I havent purchased since 2009. I'll re read my old posts and do some reading first I think before attending any opens. :)

I don't think you should worry too much. Just go and enjoy yourself while getting a feel for it.

I'll wouldn't even mind coming along with you if you want - I tend to go to home opens for fun and research (maybe not this weekend though).

I've never had a checklist :)

What are you thinking? Some sort of list of items to check if they are working etc?

You don't have to say a word to the REA if you don't want. Spend some weeks saying whatever you want as at the moment you are just getting a feel for the market. You can say that you have inherited 1m from a great aunt if you want :)

Multiple inspections are required, depending on the stage of the purchase, they usually go something like this:

1) check out suburb, street
2) check out house, get first impressions, comparison with others in area
3) look for potential
4) look for problems, work to be done
5) test everything, photograph everything, measure everything
6) building and pest inspection
7) final inspection before settlement :)

I don't think you should worry too much. Just go and enjoy yourself while getting a feel for it.

I'll wouldn't even mind coming along with you if you want - I tend to go to home opens for fun and research (maybe not this weekend though).

cool sure i'll take you up on it ! :D

Main thing I look for at inspection is just to ensure the property is what its purported to be and that its all present.

Can do 99% of the decision remotely.

I've never had a checklist :)

What are you thinking? Some sort of list of items to check if they are working etc?

You don't have to say a word to the REA if you don't want. Spend some weeks saying whatever you want as at the moment you are just getting a feel for the market. You can say that you have inherited 1m from a great aunt if you want :)

I have to be careful with what i say actually. I dont want to disclose anything i shouldn't. I'll try to find out stuff from the agent re: how he/she thinks the market is travelling etc etc. I'll be the listener and the agent can do all the talking for now. I'll also listen in to the agent talking to other people

Hi guys

I better head off home now its really late! I'll come reply to the other responders later.

I've printed out what I've needed to. lol its 8.10 pm now hehe. I've been researching since 6pm. Its nice and quite here at work and I get to use the printer..... very handy!

oh and i cant wait to come online on the long weekend and tell you all about my visit with mortgage broker! :p I'm excited

seeya :D

Multiple inspections are required, depending on the stage of the purchase, they usually go something like this:

1) check out suburb, street
2) check out house, get first impressions, comparison with others in area
3) look for potential
4) look for problems, work to be done
5) test everything, photograph everything, measure everything
6) building and pest inspection
7) final inspection before settlement :)

ta

later today I'll revisit my old threads I started because I would have asked similar questions first time around.

Main thing I look for at inspection is just to ensure the property is what its purported to be and that its all present.

Can do 99% of the decision remotely.

Thanks for your input.

I'll start a new topic. It's feels good to finally start developing a strategy and know what I want to achieve. I have a couple of options which I'd like to get some feedback on.

Well I better get going. First home open is at 10 :)

Back