Cheesing off the real estate agents

Could the high air traffic you witnessed be due to the scone horse festival that is on at the moment? may only be busy this time of year.

... and mother's day ... but with regular events in the area (winery concerts etc) I don't know if I could put up with a whole weekend of deafening noise once a month or so.

Ah well - see what tomorrow brings when I call the conveyancer at 8.30. Might end up being a case of pulling out my metre high stack of design mags for a rip and tear ideas session for another reno.

Good thing plenty of wine in the house for the inevitable hubby clashes ...

Don't worry about cheezing off agents. They are not very professional when they get upset, slam the phone down or start shouting ( I have had all this happen to me) They should know that this is purely a commercial transaction wherein they get paid a lot to do very little. They should not subject you to the steam from blowing off their frustrations.

Did exchange on Thursday - and no cooling off due to rural.

Locked into purchase ... but ... after I rang conveyancer first thing this morning to see is had exchanged and "can we get out of it?" I was really upset.

I do love the block - aspect - location - neighbours - everything ... and was down in Newcastle today at our old house and didn't realise how loud the traffic noise is - so I guess it's just a case of getting used to it.

Sat with new neighbour for nearly an hour this afternoon for a chat - not a single plane. She also said they had been there 20yrs and don't hear the planes at all.

However, will be popping down to council tomorrow to ask some tough questions as - according to the flight path plan provided by council - the planes are supposed to take off in a straight line past our back boundary ... not turning to run up the long narrow block.

Could live with that past the back boundary - along with the water feature in the alfresco living area for when it's an odd busy airport weekend. Perhaps a water curtain or similar down one edge - good sound muffling and cooling for summer when you're outside

We have planes going over our place sometimes when the 'wind has changed direction'. I'm used to it now and barely notice - they're gone in a matter of seconds.

Did exchange on Thursday - and no cooling off due to rural.

Bugger, though i used to live in a rural flight path. The little Cessnas were quite impressive flying 20 metres or so overhead. Was pretty rare, but from inside the house you had to really listen to hear them.

Perhaps your financial circumstances have changed with the result that the bank is no longer willing to fund you or the flight path is having a negative impact on the banks valuations (assu,ing subject to finance).

Would love to know what 'various tools' he was using to get a buyer to offer more :)
thumbnail.aspx

We are under a flight path but barely notice it ever - may be cos the planes are a lot higher. We actually love it...reminds us of our next trip to see our grandparents overseas :D Or to somewhere else may be...

Lizze, some "water works" sound really nice...so relaxing to sit next to a mini waterfall.

Cessnock airport?

Yeah... Issues.

Don't want to put anything in writing about that, but there have been other comments from other groups about similar issues.

Is the flight school still operating?

Lizzie -how do you actually check flight paths? We are in Melbourne and I can't find anything on google!

had to go into council.

Nah - now that exchange is thru I'm actually happy. It was hubby and his dad that were putting me off and stressing me out.

Made a deal with hubby - give it 2 years (just over 12 months after build) and if they planes are still bothering you, then we'll sell and move.

Yes - Cessnock airport. Flight school still operating, but the circuits are okay. Council have taken back management (not sure reasons why) and there have been a lot of complaints about noise (reported in local paper), so it appears there is a groundswell happening in regards the the cowboy flyers.

Went into council this morning to find out if the planes are legally allowed to deviate off the flight path - if not then I will become a serial pest. Still waiting for the phone call back from the planning guy in charge but council were very forthcoming and it seems like they are taking the whole issue seriously.

As the planning lady said "if no one complains then we don't know".

Spoke at length to the council guy. The runway they were using on the weekend is only used when there is a direct southerly - so rarely. It is not their preferred runway and they default to others if at all possible.

There are two flight schools at the airport, but the flight school planes are really good - council has a community friendly policy with the airport, and are very concious of the noise.

The flight schools have the quieter aircraft who abide by the rules very strictly (or they will be kicked off). Apparently it's the visitors that can be a problem, and once an aircraft is in the air it falls under Civil Aviation juristriction, and council has no authority.

However, the officer did say that if there were any aircraft causing problems we were to note the time and report it to him - as he can ban aircraft from using the airport.

Apparently they have around 30,000 flight movements a year :eek: Didn't know that - so perhaps the odd southerly weekend isn't so bad.

Told hubby, now that we've sold his boat, he should take up flying. If you can't beat them, join them.

Back