Child killed in Police Pursuit - do we stop pursuits - or increase penalties?

for sure, but why blame the cops?
Blame rests with the idiot criminal.

umm

because the cops are the ones that start chases, instead of using drones or helicopters for the same thing?

how do u suggest that child is responsible? let me guess, he shouldn't have been there according to you?

i think it's quite appropriate to blame the majority here and not the victim

umm

because the cops are the ones that start chases, instead of using drones or helicopters for the same thing?

how do u suggest that child is responsible? let me guess, he shouldn't have been there according to you?

Pretty sure you'll find the offender is the one that started the chase here. Perhaps people who don't know the facts, shouldn't comment on things they know nothing of.

Now as i know the full story, does it change your opinion that the offender was on his way to commit an armed robbery. Should the police not of chased, and just hoped noone was injured or killed during that robbery?

Pretty sure you'll find the offender is the one that started the chase here. Perhaps people who don't know the facts, shouldn't comment on things they know nothing of.

Now as i know the full story, does it change your opinion that the offender was on his way to commit an armed robbery. Should the police not of chased, and just hoped noone was injured or killed during that robbery?

if the police knew where he was going then they should've been either waiting for him there, intercept him on the way, or just quietly follow him in unmarked cars. not chase him.

i can't believe police is that incompetent, so i suspect the armed robbery thing came after the fact, and the chasing officers didn't know about it.

hence your argument is not valid. or the police is more incompetent than i think of them. make your pick

umm

Who's blaming the victim? Boy talk about turning things around.
I'm not suggesting the child was responsible. The only person responsible for killing that child is the criminal who was running from police.

You've dug yourself a hole and still digging. :rolleyes:

if the police knew where he was going then they should've been either waiting for him there, intercept him on the way, or just quietly follow him in unmarked cars. not chase him.

So you agree, they should of intercepted him after all? im confused....

i can't believe police is that incompetent, so i suspect the armed robbery thing came after the fact, and the chasing officers didn't know about it.

hence your argument is not valid. or the police is more incompetent than i think of them. make your pick

Like i said previously, Maybe dont comment on things you obviously know little about. All i see in your posts are "so i suspect". I other words, you have just made up your own scenario, to suit your argument.

Like i said previously, Maybe dont comment on things you obviously know little about. All i see in your posts are "so i suspect". I other words, you have just made up your own scenario, to suit your argument.

That would go for 80% of the posters in this thread.

Who's blaming the victim? Boy talk about turning things around.
I'm not suggesting the child was responsible. The only person responsible for killing that child is the criminal who was running from police.

You've dug yourself a hole and still digging. :rolleyes:

i think you are the one digging a hole here.

we are not talking about police killing the crim here, where you argument about accepting responsibility would make sense. we are talking about police cause death to innocent bystanders.

or are you one of those people who think that collateral damage is ok, and it doesn't matter how many innocent people police kill in order to get to the criminal?

yup. want me to draw a picture to illustrate the difference between "intercept" and "chase"?

Yes please. You seem to think that police work is like the movies, where 5 secs after a crime is committed the police will have helipcopters in the air, and a road block set up that will successfully stop an offender in their tracks.

This offender was blocked into a dead end street. He decided to drive through a fence to escape. How many people saw that as an option?

i think you are the one digging a hole here.

we are not talking about police killing the crim here, where you argument about accepting responsibility would make sense. we are talking about police cause death to innocent bystanders.

or are you one of those people who think that collateral damage is ok, and it doesn't matter how many innocent people police kill in order to get to the criminal?

You really have a horrible sence of perception mate.

I am not saying the police killed the child. They did not cause that child to die.
The criminal chose to drive through the fence and consequently death occured.

How is that the fault of the police who are doing their job of upholding the law.

How also is that condoning "collateral damage"?

What a twisted mind you have.

Back