Chimpanzee shows gratitude

Can't see the vid right now, but is it as good as that lion one, living in the wild, where he comes to hug the guys who raised him when he sees them?

Ace in the Hole, it's just as good as the lion, maybe even a bit better because there is expression in the chimp's face when she realises that this is a great gift she is being given by Dr Goodall.

We as humans have so much to learn about the consciousness of animals and they are showing us in many different ways.

I've seen her videos before.

Haven't been able to view the vid as I'm at work right now. But Chimps are amazing creatures.

The, "other", great apes have things in common with us that no other creature on the planet does.

They are the only creature besides human beings to be able to recognise themselves in mirrors. A psychological ability only our common ancestor was able to develop.

You'd much rather meet some great apes rather than some humans that's for sure.

I'm not sure if it was Goodall, but one of the scientists that works with great apes gave a good example of their nature. The chimp had gotten on the roof of her house and wouldn't come down. She tried encouraging it with food and treats, etc... to no avail. It was only when the handler pretended to be injured that the chimp came down because she wanted to check to see if her handler was okay.

Back