China to float the yuan?

I have been waiting for this to happen for a while now,it can work both ways the US dollar now is going to be tested in several areas,IF Chinas
money men push it too high then the US spenders will be unable to buy Chinese imports,the same as it will cause a problem in the Aussie Dollar.
imho..willair..

If they do, buying some yuan currency now could be a profitable proposition... ;)

Problem 1: It is not a freely traded currency so you can't buy it.

Problem 2: Wise heads think it is about fair value where it is.

Look at some prices in the last 24 hrs. Gold skyrockets and falls, DOW up 140 pts to close lower. For America this may be another case of "Be careful what you wish for."

Gold skyrockets and falls

just saw a report with the chief economist of st george (dunno why they have that when eastpa has bill) saying how that old saying of the fine roman gent with his splendid thresds and new squeaky sandals for an ounce of gold no longer applies becasue you cant buy a deent suit for that anymore?? how much does a suit cost now?? his argument was that gold is not a good store of wealth anymore

just saw a report with the chief economist of st george (dunno why they have that when eastpa has bill) saying how that old saying of the fine roman gent with his splendid thresds and new squeaky sandals for an ounce of gold no longer applies becasue you cant buy a deent suit for that anymore?? how much does a suit cost now?? his argument was that gold is not a good store of wealth anymore

Yes I saw that. You don't think you could fit yourself out in a suit, tie and leather shoes for $1,450? (There is room for debate about just how fine Italian wool you use.) I could get some diamond studs in my flip flops for that money. :D One thing I can guarantee is that the US$ has lost over 95% of it's purchasing power since the Fed Reserve was chartered less than 100 years ago.

The Yuan cannot be entered easily. I have been steadily accumulating the yuan over the last 5 years and there're onerous limits imposed on how much you can get!!!

Questiond for the wise men out there:

"How can I take advantage of the coming Yuan float?"

And

"How can I apply leverage to the Yuan/Chinese exposure?"

hi
some questions before I give you my ideas
1 do you deal with china
2 do you invest in china
3 have you got investors from china
if you are looking at it from a western currancy trade point of view
I have no idea
in the answer to the above is yes to any one of the 3 then my view is very different.
you tell me first

in the answer to the above is yes to any one of the 3 then my view is very different.
you tell me first

I think GR that he/she is looking at a trade through western eyes which is odd on SS.

There seems to be a willingness here to enter a forex trade which is always fraught with danger but these same people think mining stocks are risky. If you work it out, let me know . LOL

yes
very true
I have people dealing with china and is very interesting the way they trade
trying to work out a trade on a currency that has only one buyer and only one owner is a bit of a problem
the one thing people seem to forget is china is one of the oldest if not the oldest trading countries they traded before the romans introduced the coin.
so why do you think they can't trade
float a yuan when the rnb is the trade numbers and talk with a country holding more us dollars then we have in the vaults of the reserve
make me laugh a bit
and you want to leverage off it
give me a break
there is alot you can do with china or trade from china but leveraging of a non tradeable currency I think I would rarther go to sleep.
try buying anything from china and its either us or euro try buying yuan
to trade with or rnb
you want to know how to make money out of china
simple find a product they can build or make and import it sell it 5 to 1 make a bit of money and invest some where and not china

Elephant in the China shop

I've recently read that with a stronger Renminbi or Yuan, Chinese purchasing power increases and they will spend more externally (good for the Aussie mining companies) and internally (goods and produce)- Good for Chinese Stocks and Real Estate?

I've recently read that with a stronger Renminbi or Yuan, Chinese purchasing power increases and they will spend more externally (good for the Aussie mining companies) and internally (goods and produce)- Good for Chinese Stocks and Real Estate?

I guess I'm an optimist when people talk about freeing up markets :D but I have always thought it would be good for China. All the raw materials they import for infrastructure (let's not forget food) would be cheaper so they can improve the lot of the average Chinese. Do you think if Chinese goods became 10% dearer (they wouldn't, but lets assume) local manufacturing would flourish and we could beat them at their own game? I don't. We would just have to pay the extra which would only put the prices back where they were last year anyway.

I reckon The Party may embrace consumerism because the thing most feared is civil unrest and nothing keeps the masses happy like circuses and cake. LOL When that happens "decoupling" will be a reality.

Back