Chinchilla - hold or run?

To those that own properties in Surat Basin, probably best to hold a bit longer, we may be at the bottom of the market now. The word is there is going to be increased rental activity from late Jan 2015 onwards with the influx of permanently based workers.

To those that own properties in Surat Basin, probably best to hold a bit longer, we may be at the bottom of the market now. The word is there is going to be increased rental activity from late Jan 2015 onwards with the influx of permanently based workers.

Fingers crossed mate, fingers crossed..

This is severely handicapping my investment strategy.:(

This is severely handicapping my investment strategy.:(

Which probably means its taught some wonderful lessons. Not being glib but these challenges can make us better and hone who we are becoming as people and investors. There is no failure, only feedback.

Unfortunately as someone who works in a symbiotic way with the CSG to LNG industry, proposed expansion by Santos will not help the Chinchilla market. All the proposed development is too far North and West.

yes, any improved market in Chinchilla/ Miles will depend on QGC & Origin

not sure re development I doubt many new houses would have been sold recently.

word on the street from the property managers in miles that rental enquiries have increased substantially from early jan this year, multiple new enquiries per day which is good news.
(I am unsure if chinchilla has had increased enquiry)

Not sure about rental inquiries increasing. Have just been advised to drop my rent by half! Hence registering for this forum ... I feel your pain. Obvious question is how long to hold out and how much faith to put in the promise of population growth. Will the vacancy rate really come down to a respectable level anytime soon?

Santos chief executive sent an email to all staff last week to expect "significant redundancies" due to continuing oil price slide.
Whilst this has more of an effect on Roma, it is not out of the realm of possibility to expect the same from QGC/Origin which may exacerbate the current situation in Chinchilla :(

I suppose he must be in his late 30s as he talk about buying OTP using SMSF, but his ignorant makes him sound like a teenager, especially getting his gf to join LOL :eek: I wonder where did he buy at the end lol

Back