Chinese Immigrants Emerge Unscathed from U.S. Housing Bust

wow, what an outrageous load of racist drivel -why would they think to even run these numbers? and they complain about our chicken ad!

wow, what an outrageous load of racist drivel -why would they think to even run these numbers? and they complain about our chicken ad!
I don't see how comparing different groups can be called racist.

If it's a fact, it's a fact.

Folk may not agree with the figures, but to simply report them doesn't make them a racist anything.

The sooner the whole world gets this and gets over themselves the better.

I think it's completely inappropriate. Look at the outrage over that DVD cover recently - which honestly I can't even understand what their point is... this makes a mockery of such a trivial issue.

my objection was more towards running the numbers in the first place - what on earth are they trying to determine and then use the numbers for?

Are we comfortable with bank policies being... we won't lend to aboriginal people because our research shows x and if you are chinese we will discount your home loan rate because our research shows y?

Ausprop said:
Are we comfortable with bank policies being... we won't lend to aboriginal people because our research shows x and if you are chinese we will discount your home loan rate because our research shows y?

It has already been done with some insurance companies offering discounted motor insurance to woman because their research showed that men were involved in more accidents........

Last edited by a moderator:
Ausprop said:

It has already been done with some insurance companies offering discounted motor insurance to woman because their research showed that men were involved in more accidents........

true but that is gender based discrimination not race based.

Does it matter? Still discrimination in my book.Maybe governments should release some kind of top 50 in order of importance on who we are and are'nt allowed to discriminate against to be updated on a monthly basis,until such time I will just continue to react according to my gut feeling on what or whom aggravates me!

Ausprop said:

The uk has recently outlawed this practice. Insurance companies can no longer base discounts on age or gender....

I fail to see how the article was racist though. Separating research by ethnic group is hardly racist. If they went on to say that it would be ok to charge the Chinese more as a result... Well that's different.

Blacky

That is interesting.
Quotes have been somehow mixed up a little,if you look back I never thought it was racist,Ausprop did.

Who is it racist against, Ausprop native born americans? They could be any race!

yes it all gets a bit confusing - like I am not an orginal Australian, even tho I was born here. so if that's the case the information is meaningless anyway

so the information was prepared by the finance industry for what purpose... risk profiling? you can be sure they didn't do it just for fun and if they did they are misappropriating resources

so here we have a report prepared that compares financial performance of customers based upon their race. now what?

Whatever those immigrant Chinese-American buyers are doing, they seem to have gotten the property investing formula right.

Personally, I'd like to do the same. I take my hat off to them.

I created this treat so people might learn something rather than feel embittered or left out.

It makes sense to learn from other peoples success. No?

Whatever those immigrant Chinese-American buyers are doing, they seem to have gotten the property investing formula right.

Personally, I'd like to do the same. I take my hat off to them.

I created this treat so people might learn something rather than feel embittered or left out.

It makes sense to learn from other peoples success. No?

well do whatever you like but I have seen chinese guys lose plenty before so I wouldn't do something just because a chinese guy is doing it

well do whatever you like but I have seen chinese guys lose plenty before so I wouldn't do something just because a chinese guy is doing it

Relax dude, its Friday arvo. You seem to have gotten unduly worked-up about this thread. Grab a big glass of Red and chill for a bit.

This post is not about blindly following individuals. It's about learning from the investment habits of a group of people who just happen to be Chinese.

If they got it right, good for them. For the record, I'm every bit as envious as you Ausprop. :)

Back