Chinese Immigrants Emerge Unscathed from U.S. Housing Bust

I don't agree that any race is inherently better than another.

Different upbringings will lead some groups to excel at some things and not at others. But it doesn't mean that a person has a certain characteristic because they belong to a particular racial group.

I believe it's wrong to pre classify anybody based on race. If somebody with a Jewish background is better at certain things, it's not because they are Jewish- it's because they have been brought up in a culture which emphasises those things.

Belief in race as a defining characteristic has led to a huge amount of evil being done, over many many years and in many different places.

Yes up bringing does influence one's character as per my initial post, and hence, there is that perception some are better compared to others, which was my previous point.
I never made the assumption that one was born with such characteristics better compared to others

Would you agree that certain race/ethnic groups are better at some things compared to others?

I would have thought it obvious. But of course it's not politically correct to talk about it is it?

Black races are obviously athletically superior. Will a white man ever win the Olympic 100 metres running ever again? Nup. Will an Asian man ever even make the finals again? Probably not. Yet it's obvious Asians are smarter than other races.

Why wouldn't we all be different? Of course we are! Some humans stayed in Africa 50 thousand years ago, and other humans left Africa 50 thousand years ago and continued to evolve in all the different corners of the globe. Sheep and cattle, dogs and any other animal can be dramatically altered in just 100 years, humans are no different, so why wouldn't they have different genetic strengths and weakness's after 50 thousand years?

See ya's.

I would have thought it obvious. But of course it's not politically correct to talk about it is it?

Black races are obviously athletically superior. Will a white man ever win the Olympic 100 metres running ever again? Nup. Will an Asian man ever even make the finals again? Probably not. Yet it's obvious Asians are smarter than other races.

I think you are completely missing the point here buddy, and what you are stating is what me and Geoff is trying to defend/argue, "common generalisation"

Are blacks naturally better in sports? Probably not
Will white man ever win Olympics, why not?
If that fella trains twice as hard as others, I can't see why not.
In fact, in 2004, 110M hurdles was actually won by a Chinese guy called "Liu Xiang"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Xiang

Why wouldn't we all be different? Of course we are! Some humans stayed in Africa 50 thousand years ago, and other humans left Africa 50 thousand years ago and continued to evolve in all the different corners of the globe. Sheep and cattle, dogs and any other animal can be dramatically altered in just 100 years, humans are no different, so why wouldn't they have different genetic strengths and weakness's after 50 thousand years?

See ya's.

This example you have used (sheeps/cattles and dogs etc), have you ever considered that they are changing mainly because their environment have changed, and that is what we have been saying. They did not naturally become fatter, faster, smarter etc.. simply because their race was superior, they only changed mainly due to their environment. There is a whole study that falls within Evolutionary biology, called "natural selection"

Are blacks naturally better in sports? Probably not
Will white man ever win Olympics, why not?
If that fella trains twice as hard as others, I can't see why not.
In fact, in 2004, 110M hurdles was actually won by a Chinese guy called "Liu Xiang"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Xiang"

Of course they are. Just look at any sport that requires physical size, speed and strength. Aboriginals make up 3% or something of Australia's population, yet are a third of the Australian rugby league team. My aboriginal mates at 5 had sporting skills that I never had till I was 10.

Liu Xiang won the hurdles? So did Sally Pearson? How many black skinned people won all the other running events? And interesting that it's hurdles? I'd argue that hurdles is the one running event that requires more than just physical ability?

This example you have used (sheeps/cattles and dogs etc), have you ever considered that they are changing mainly because their environment have changed, and that is what we have been saying. They did not naturally become fatter, faster, smarter etc.. simply because their race was superior, they only changed mainly due to their environment. There is a whole study that falls within Evolutionary biology, called "natural selection"

Sheep, cattle, and dogs evolved rapidly because humans changed them. Nothing to do with the environment here.

Natural selection is exactly why races would have evolved to be better at some things than others. Races who continued with hunting and gathering until recently would have developed into better athletes. They had to be able to run faster to catch their food, throw a spear further and more accuately. etc. The most athletic human hunter/gatherers were the best fed and had the biggest families. They killed off the other less athletic tribes in battles. They survived, and passed on those traits to their ancestors.

Races that turned to agriculture 10 thousand years ago, built villages, and stayed in the one spot, didn't need to run fast. They needed to be smarter to know about the weather and grow better crops and run the most livestock, work harder to have a store of food and clothing over the freezing winter. They were able to feed bigger armies, who won the battles and killed off their lazier and dumber neighbours. These traits were passed on by the survivors to their ancestors. This is what natural selection is.

Would you agree that certain race/ethnic groups are better at some things compared to others?

You asked the question? Why were you so shocked that someone ignored all the PC and answered it?

See ya's.

Last edited:
And here we have the verdict from someone closely associated with the land, with 'mother nature'.

There is no political correctness on that side of town, just an awareness of the elements and inherent understanding of the seasons, a time to.... (Ecclesiastes)

Natural selection is exactly why races would have evolved to be better at some things than others. Races who continued with hunting and gathering until recently would have developed into better athletes. They had to be able to run faster to catch their food, throw a spear further and more accuately. etc. The most athletic human hunter/gatherers were the best fed and had the biggest families. They killed off the other less athletic tribes in battles. They survived, and passed on those traits to their ancestors.
LOL!

Good for you, TC!

I was going to mention this as a glib throw away comedy attempt, but thought better of it because I thought the PC brigade would jump up and down, and the post would probably get deleted....

You know; having to run from lions and so forth..:D:eek:

Horribly non-PC. If you're offended; get over it.

I wonder what the a-typical white, obese, squared-eyed Aussie will be good at and have evolved from in another 50 years??

The average 20 year old Aussie girl is fat, does no sport, and has a phone stitched to her palm/ear these days. So too the boys, but not quite the same % from my observation.

But, it can apply to all races - look at those Aussie kids (or any kid worldwide) whose upbringing was a Tsunami of sporting activity at a young age - often they are champions at all sports.

This would explain why traditionally so many country kids were champions at sports. It's dying off a bit now they have technology to fill their days and nights.

Races that don't expose their kids to huge volumes of outdoor stuff/sport at an early age tend to be inferior in those areas as adults.

Aboriginal kids are - as a group - very poor and have not much to amuse themselves.

So, sport is a natural choice of entertainment; rugby, footy are the easiest and cheapest to get into.

You see hardly any golfers, cricketers, basketballers (height) or tennis players in their race.

Ahhh, I just read a pile but not all the feedback.

Is it possible that most the Chinese live near each other and that the Chinese communities live close together. Also that Chinese are possibly long term holders of property with higher Financial IQ.

I live in Shanghai, the average Chinese man, is not smarter than an Australian. However when I went to school in Australia, OMG some of those Chinese/Hong Kong kids were so smart!

Hi guys, too much to comment on above just want to add a little from my experience. (Investor Mindset, lived/traveled/studied abroad)

Its not a big surprise to me that the Chinese haven't lost out. The Chinese that live/Invest abroad have had to make it outside of China so they may come from better 'business sense' mindsets. The majority tend to live together, hence its not like the whole street has gone down in value and one house hasn't because of the colour of their skin. However if one neighbor hood is filled with people making money, from financial savy backgrounds, and the next neighbor hood is mixed or lower educated, there is a fair chance the neighborhoods will react differently. Chinese have been buying throughout the GFC. Americans Selling.

I decided to live in Shanghai a year or so ago to understand the Chinese Mindset and work with them. I considered going to the USA, but my lifestyle and values are more aligned with the Crouching Tiger. Once you understand China a bit more, (and look for the positive) You can find greatness.
and chicken feet.

Back