Chinese starting to buy in Footscray = next boom?

A lot has been going in Footscray for sometime now....Major upgrade to the train station which seems to have been going on for quite a few years now....and a number of medium rise towers popping up there as well. Not cheap anymore.

Glen Waverley and Balwyn are driven up because of good public schools, which is important in China/HK/Singapore, because bar some international schools, mainstream elite schools are public (unlike Australia). Box Hill driven up because it is a Chinese area.

Footscray is a Vietnamnese area. In Vietnam, Chinese are being murdered.

A new Chinese backed development / investment wave in Footscray is very possible. If Chinese buyers don't want to live in the area because of quality of schools etc then the Vietnamese and others will. Profit doesn't discriminate

I think the Footscray, Seddon, Yarraville belt still has plenty of growth left in it

Any love for Balwyn/North? I keep hearing that's the one to go for but it already looks rather expensive to me.

You can still make money - If you can find a good piece of land and build a large house, you can make a million in 12 months. We have done it, and at the right price would do it again.

As for Glen Waverley, different market, if you want to see the Chinese wipe their *** with the FIRB - come to Glen Waverley, absolutely ridiculous. Personally I live in GW but would not buy here, you have seen prices double in the last 12 months. Heavy heavy mainland presence here.

Cheers Ivan

Back