Choosing a spec builder in Adelaide.

Just after some suggestions on how to make the tough decision of selecting a builder to build two homes on a sub-division in Wondsor Gardens.

We plan to sell one pretty much straight away and keep the other for rental so want them pretty much to spec.

Are the display homes indicative of the quality of their work?
Would build times be a lot different between builders?
What would you add to be base spec? Thinking alone the lines of ducted air-con and 2.7m ceilings. What about things like roof pitch etc?

Sorry for all the questions. Just after peoples own experiences in Adelaide and what the market is after.

Thank you,

Gools

Just after some suggestions on how to make the tough decision of selecting a builder to build two homes on a sub-division in Wondsor Gardens.

We plan to sell one pretty much straight away and keep the other for rental so want them pretty much to spec.

Are the display homes indicative of the quality of their work?
Would build times be a lot different between builders?
What would you add to be base spec? Thinking alone the lines of ducted air-con and 2.7m ceilings. What about things like roof pitch etc?

Sorry for all the questions. Just after peoples own experiences in Adelaide and what the market is after.

Thank you,

Gools

Hi Gools,

i had done some research and found the following buiders were recommended by forumites and other people.

Ian Wood Homes
Hickinbotham Homes
Rossdale Homes
Stirling Homes
My friend is getting his home built by Format homes. and he happy with the price and the work so far.

I too hv an investment property in Windsor Gardens and my research was for that property. At what price do you plan to sell your house ?

cheers

We have been looking closely at AV Jennings, Hickinbotham, Statesman and Fairmont.

AVJ I think have great build quality and the build time guarantee is interesting but the price might be a fair amount more than the others.
Hickinbotham and Statesman are owned by the same company and their pricing is fairly similar with Hickinbotham slightly dearer but slightly better quality.
Looking at Fairmont as a "cheaper" option but are just waiting on a quote as well.

Format and Rossdale appeared too expensive for a spec home when we first looked but if they were well over priced then no one would use them.

Our block is right up the city end of Windsor Gardens. We hope to build one double garage courtyard home and a single garage villa. If current sales are anything to go by and the market is similar this time next year then we would hope to get $380k for the villa and $400k for the courtyard but the market is going nuts at the moment. Very very basic single garage homes at Seaton are getting $390k+ so who knows what the market thinks. :confused:

What about your property? What did you buy, what part of WG?

Pretty handy to the city really and when 350sqm blocks of land at Northfield are going for $195k at auction I think there is some great buys to be had in WG which I think is a much better suburb.

Gools

Back