Choppers over Brissie

I can only assume you are joking now. The purpose of the current exercise is to gain experience of low flying in populated areas. You may understand that this could not be achieved out in the bush:rolleyes:

It must warm the hearts of our servicemen and women to know they are training to protect people like you.

The activities were extensively advertised before commencement.

No, I am not joking. Putting civilians at unnecessary risk is a crime.

I do not belive that there is no other way of getting a proper training of flying on a low altitude. Simply, someone found it as a cheap solution.:rolleyes:

I can only assume you were joking about the the hearts. Only very cold heart can use millitary machines on civilins for the sake of exercise ;)

I guess , the terrorist must provide now extensive advertisements to get full excuse :D

These 'military machines' are being used on what 'civilins'
Civilian air ?

Max
I am happy, that you have never had the experience, any experience
may you long remain blissfully unaware,
the aircrew[sup]1[/sup] are aware of you, those who share your view,
and are aware that their tradition of service, supports your tradition of ignorance
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Voltaire

[1] in this case aircrew includes the crew, ground staff, military command, the elected politicians who approved the operation on your behalf

Last edited:
I honestly dissapointed how people underestimate the danger of weapon. Perhaps they simply never used it....

MadMax2,

I would hope that most Aussies would never have touched dangerous weapons, and I hope they never have to.

Have you had any experience with dangerous weapons?

What has been flying over your 'village' lately cannot be classed as a dangerous weapon....like an incoming rocket!

Get a life :mad:

Amy

No, I am not joking. Putting civilians at unnecessary risk is a crime.

under what Act??? and the military would have an exemption from legislation anyway

I do not belive that there is no other way of getting a proper training of flying on a low altitude. Simply, someone found it as a cheap solution.:rolleyes:

they are not practising low level flying - they are practising approach vectors for CBD operations and running familiarisation flights so if there is an "incident" in Brisbane they are already familiar with the landmarks and surrounds so if ever required they can thunder through at high speed and perform at the best they possibly can to deliver reponse teams to the said incident.

Having been involved in this stuff in the past, it IS critical for the training and there is no possible way of emulating it elsewhere. Time to harden up and realise these blokes are there for our protection and I am VERY glad they are!!

that and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them buzz around with blokes on rappel lines hanging out the side! very hollywood!! LOL:p

Max
the general opinion seems not in your support
Perhaps this is a small signal to re-evaluate your preconceptions

Hey, this is not a soviet state yet :)

See, my point is - millitary training and civilians are two incompatible systems. We are not in the era of war. We are wealthfy enough to organise a training away from dense pupulated areas. But we don't have enough brain to do it.

I can even push my vision further - an arogant decision of using city as a training field is indeed a sign of facism. when political power and propaganda preveal common sense and human rights. The possible loss of lifes is considered as a small price to pay in compare to trainng and demostration of our millitary abilities.

You can't practise rappelling into skyscrapers in the desert (unless you're in UAE). You can't practise the approach vectors to Brisbane - navigating the terrain and electromagnetic environment - anywhere else except Brisbane.

Any training that can be done "back of beyond" is done there, because despite what you assume, it's much cheaper and easier to do so. That's how they trained all these pilots - do you think this is their second week in the cockpit? :rolleyes:
the aircrew are aware of you, those who share your view,
and are aware that their tradition of service, supports your tradition of ignorance
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Voltaire
Too right!
The possible loss of lifes is considered as a small price to pay in compare to trainng and demostration of our millitary abilities.
Do you have any idea just how safe military aviation is? The RAAF and Army fly thousands of missions each year, in smaller aircraft, and under much more challenging conditions, than civilian aircraft, yet there are incredibly few incidents.

I'd be willing to bet that if you did the sums, you're at least hundreds times more likely to be killed driving to a protest march about military over-flying, than you are by a military aircraft crashing into you. Worry about something else.

Hey, this is not a soviet state yet :)

See, my point is - millitary training and civilians are two incompatible systems. We are not in the era of war. We are wealthfy enough to organise a training away from dense pupulated areas. But we don't have enough brain to do it.

are you fair dinkum???? a number of us now have said quite clearly that this type of training CANNOT be conducted elsewhere. The point of capital city training is to learn the layout of the capital city.

I am starting to thinking you are not interested in the truth or a real discussion on this one, more just stirring the pot to see what bites you get.

well i'm biting, and hopping mad that people like you complain and then expect our military and police to come to your protection and be fully trained despite your opposition to critical training.

I can even push my vision further - an arogant decision of using city as a training field is indeed a sign of facism. when political power and propaganda preveal common sense and human rights. The possible loss of lifes is considered as a small price to pay in compare to trainng and demostration of our millitary abilities.

are you the full quid??? seriously???:eek:

no more from me...I no longer consider your responses worthy discussion when you pull out rubbish like that.

Hey it pissed me off too as the house started shaking and waking the my 18 mth old, but I soon forgot about it while watching TV and it only happened about 3 times.

Oh yeah and I managed to complete "Hotel California" on HARD on Guitar Hero!!!!
ROCK ON!

Andrew

Do you have any idea just how safe military aviation is? The RAAF and Army fly thousands of missions each year, in smaller aircraft, and under much more challenging conditions, than civilian aircraft, yet there are incredibly few incidents.

I'd be willing to bet that if you did the sums, you're at least hundreds times more likely to be killed driving to a protest march about military over-flying, than you are by a military aircraft crashing into you. Worry about something else.

Yes, I am aware about how RAAF is safe, and would like to share

http://www.defence.gov.au/result.ht...di&cof=FORID:11&q=HELICOPTER+CRASH+&sa=Go#941

and here is another example of how it may happen. Can you estimate the number of casualties if it happen over Spring Hill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-pZgI3FeJ0

I never claimed a zero accident rate; I claimed it was very safe, and reports of past incidents do nothing to refute that. That really is quite a pointless and churlish response.
MadMax2 said:
and here is another example of how it may happen. Can you estimate the number of casualties if it happen over Spring Hill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-pZgI3FeJ0
Given that they were landing at the time - and take-off and landing are easily the most perilous parts of the mission - I'd say it's highly likely that the answer would be "zero" to "very few", as they'd be landing in a cleared area - just as this chopper was.

You really have too few things to worry about.

Yes, my compliains look like pointless whinging unless one of this safest machine with the best trained military personal hit the ground and kill family or two. But nobody want to assume the possibilty of that.
Is it a political stand or what?

A political stand? Yeah.. I can see the similarities between the choppers training and say, North Korea showing off their nukes :p

The training finishes on Friday.. you can rest easy then.

Jesus Mad Max.... let it lie. It's far from a big deal so just put up with it for the rest of the week or however long it will be. The views you've expressed here have been nothing short of idiotic, I won't bother explaining why. Everyone else has already done so and you've pretty much ignored them. Just put up with it and one day you may be glad you did.

man - you sound like one of those numerous people who bought cheap land under the raaf flight path at williamtown, and then complain like holy cripes because of the noise of the fighter jets.

get over it already. can't have your cake and eat it.

I lived near an air base for 18 years, I never tired of watching them flying, training regardless of the time of night or day. Very skilled people who I am glad are on our side.

we also lived on a semi-rural property near a rnzaf base as a child/teen. some nights the transport orions nearly took the chimney off (or felt like it). was pretty exciting and i used to love lying in the pool watching the choppers do exercises and manouvers through the terrain. we even had the queen of england fly overhead to land!

Hey guys, here come the Friday, and it is a time to face a truth.

I am actually looking for volunteers for simple training exercises in a hostage situation. The best of our ADF elite force will take a part in that exercises. In order to achieve the best outcome in training, ADF want the situation to be as real as possible. So I am looking for the whole family to take part.
You will have a chance to see our force in a real situation, with a real weapons, live ammunition, and even take part in it! How exciting!

ADF will provide a BBQ for all families. :cool:

I am sure, I will get few of you there, especially the ones who missed a real gunfire and amazing explosions ;) :D

Back