Choppers over Brissie

This is a second week since they circle around our large village

Perphaps they are lost. But this noise ....

Should I guide them using a laser level. :rolleyes:

I wonder how it helps people to get rest after work

called police...<omitted swearings> they just hang up on me. LOL. suggested to deal directly with DoD.

still considering laser levels

BTW, will the slingshot be effective on this low flying tins?

I don't get what the problem is. Surely intermittent noise for a couple of weeks is a small price to pay for having a military that's ready and able to defend our country and its people.

I assume if you're ever unfortunate enough to be travelling in a country that becomes engulfed in civil war whilst you're there, that you'd be quite glad to see some Blackhawks coming to rescue you from the roof of the Australian Embassy, and glad that when they do, it's not the first time they've ever done it. :rolleyes:

Another bloody NIMBY

everybody hates your guts,
till you're in the boat in the flood,
on the line in the fire
or otherwise doing something for which you havent been fully trained
for someone else's protection
If you don't volunteer,
cmf, firey, ambo, doctor, cop, ses, cfa, St John, Salvo, blood donor, organ donor, foster parent, or anything for community benefit.
shouldnt think of complaining about those who do
If you are any of the above, *B*expletive deleted* on,

Last edited:
It's not all night. The cut off is either 10pm or 10.30pm, can't remember which. And it is only for a couple of weeks.

As Ozperp says, this is for our defence. It is not mindless people having a noisy party, which they can legally do, every night, until 11pm.

My husband is presently in the Mater hospital. Yes, we can hear the helicopters.

The police have better things to do.

And don't even jest about laser lights - lives can be lost.
Marg

It's not all night. The cut off is either 10pm or 10.30pm, can't remember which. And it is only for a couple of weeks.

As Ozperp says, this is for our defence. It is not mindless people having a noisy party, which they can legally do, every night, until 11pm.

My husband is presently in the Mater hospital. Yes, we can hear the helicopters.

The police have better things to do.

And don't even jest about laser lights - lives can be lost.
Marg
"You must spread some kudos around before giving it to marg4000 again". :)

Let me state what I undersand:

1. Australia is under immenent attack, and we must be ready to defend it. Forget your business, your tireness, you must be ready to protect.

2. There is no other suitable place to train our air forces except high dense populated suburb. We don't have much land.

3. Even if one the beatifull chopper crashes on one of the houses, and kills the entire family with 5 kids - this is still a little price to pay in war with terrorism

Looks like North Korea, does it :)

No big deal. I understand they do this operation about this time every year. My wife mentioned before we even moved to Brisbane. Remembers it timing pretty perfectly with her Uni exams! ;)

Its kind of cool if you ask me, and certainly not annoying.

Cheers,
Michael

Let me state what I undersand:

1. Australia is under immenent attack, and we must be ready to defend it. Forget your business, your tireness, you must be ready to protect.

2. There is no other suitable place to train our air forces except high dense populated suburb. We don't have much land.

3. Even if one the beatifull chopper crashes on one of the houses, and kills the entire family with 5 kids - this is still a little price to pay in war with terrorism

Looks like North Korea, does it :)

So you've basically just stated that you "undersand" not a great deal!

You're the bloke next door who buys a fire extinguisher after you set your stove on fire because you thought "it will never happen to me"!

Rooster

of course mad max is right when the terrorists come they will ignore the densely populated cities and bomb the c**p out of the olgas!:rolleyes: and then take a whole bunch of kangaroos hostage.;)

Any modern warfare is URBAN warfare and our defence forces need to be prepared for it.

So you've basically just stated that you "undersand" not a great deal!

You're the bloke next door who buys a fire extinguisher after you set your stove on fire because you thought "it will never happen to me"!

Rooster

Well, perhaps, if you were my neighbour, and I start extriguish it on a daily basis as an excercise, over the fence, then (I guess) , we would achive better undestanding :)

Alright guys, you feel safe when they do excercise over your house :) LOL :)

If the crew of these choppers didn't think they were safe, do you honestly believe they would be flying?

They probably have families at home, too....just like you.

Take a deep breath, and thank your god that in this country we don't get rocketed or mortared every other day. Then, you might have something valid to complain about.

It's because of these people, and others, doing their jobs well, that the rest of us can sleep tight at night.

Amy

I can take deep breath :)
but still the question remains, why we all become military guinea pigs.

For exmaple, I am working on a bank database. I have an option to test my program on a special test database. But it's not so cool, 'cause its not a real data, not real bank accounts. So I would elect to run it on a live data, real customer accounts. If few of you can loose some money, it's not a drama. Because the lifes are not lost.

I think that millitary commander must be sacked over the risk he created to the civilians.

I honestly dissapointed how people underestimate the danger of weapon. Perhaps they simply never used it....

Just as safe as when the jets and small aircraft fly overhead - as they do all day every day.
Marg

Not quite. The flying cellings are not 20-50m. and not aircrafts are not flying in packs. If anythig wrong with the chopper - almost no chance to avoid a house.

I can take deep breath :)

I think that millitary commander must be sacked over the risk he created to the civilians.

I can only assume you are joking now. The purpose of the current exercise is to gain experience of low flying in populated areas. You may understand that this could not be achieved out in the bush:rolleyes:

It must warm the hearts of our servicemen and women to know they are training to protect people like you.

The activities were extensively advertised before commencement.

Not quite. The flying cellings are not 20-50m. and not aircrafts are not flying in packs. If anythig wrong with the chopper - almost no chance to avoid a house.

This has been a low altitude exercise, however the minimum altitude is set at 80m.

Back