Christmas Scrooges

I thought it might be fun to compare Christmas Scrooges you have come across. My sisters BIL was asked to bring prawns to a bring a plate Christmas day lunch, so he bought a bowl with 6 in it and promptly ate the lot, complaing 'these are really dear'. Another time, another relative was asked to bring the ham. He bought 19 slices from the deli as there were 19 guests.

He bought 19 slices from the deli as there were 19 guests.

lol - this is great.

Is it possible that it may have been a lack of understanding rather than being a tight a**?

Either way - I'm pulling this off next time someone asks me to bring the ham :)

Cheers

Jamie

Had a relative who said he'd treat the whole family for Christmas dinner. When the feast ended he went to the washroom for so long that we eventually paid the bill.

lol - this is great.

Is it possible that it may have been a lack of understanding rather than being a tight a**?

Either way - I'm pulling this off next time someone asks me to bring the ham :)

Cheers

Jamie

You're definitely not a scrooge - got my xmas card and scratchie today, thanks :)

Major hotel who claims to be the best five star hotel in the city cancelled the staff Christmas party two days before.

Me! Two years ago I bought all the family pet food. And insisted they donate it to the animal shelter. Should have seen their faces when they unwrapped their gifts. ;-)

Me! Two years ago I bought all the family pet food. And insisted they donate it to the animal shelter. Should have seen their faces when they unwrapped their gifts. ;-)

Hubby's kids thought buying chickens and goats for 3rd world countries was an "awesome" idea ... until they received the cards as Christmas presents ... didn't do that a second year :eek:

I thought it might be fun to compare Christmas Scrooges you have come across. My sisters BIL was asked to bring prawns to a bring a plate Christmas day lunch, so he bought a bowl with 6 in it and promptly ate the lot, complaing 'these are really dear'. Another time, another relative was asked to bring the ham. He bought 19 slices from the deli as there were 19 guests.

Xmas sounds like fun, you are all on compulsory diets, that's a new one:p

My family refused to accept that I wasn't buying anything, and didn't want anything in return.
I purchased each of them something "useful".
My mum got a doggie ball thrower, my dad got a bag of tennis balls, my sister got a dog leash, and my brother a chew toy.
I had the happiest dog in the world.

The following year none of them got me anything, and I was happy.

I have also known to donate to charity in their names, and give them the receipt. They can claim it back on tax. A gift which keeps on giving in my opinion.

Blacky

Hubby's kids thought buying chickens and goats for 3rd world countries was an "awesome" idea ... until they received the cards as Christmas presents ... didn't do that a second year

We did that once for the kids - amongst other stuff, of course. I explained the whole concept and they nodded.

It was very funny toward the end of the day when my then 6 year old sidled up to me and said: 'Hey dad, when do I get my chicken?'

The kids next door got four fluffy chooks for Christmas last year. This household lets their pets (and kids) roam. My mistake was that the first time the kids came over here into my front yard to collect their chooks, I told them it was OK. I should have sent my kids out to get them and we could have cooked them up for lunch. We wouldn't eat the children though.

Yes, I'm joking.

Haha the old "bring a plate" invitation to share amongst families always brings our the real scrooges doesn't it?!

One of my friends asked her rels to cater for the whole family with their dishes (they were asked to bring either a salad/side/dessert sufficient to feed 36) and one sibling turned up with 2 Homebrand choc bavarians..... don't know about anyone here but the last time I had one of these they'd shrunk to the size of a small bread and butter plate, so not sure how on earth one could feed 18 people each....

Another amazing scrooge incident was a work colleague of my brothers invited him and his wife around for a BBQ dinner, with one other couple (6 of them in total) and then proceeded to cook 2 scotch fillets (both for himself) and sausages for everyone else... I kid you not:eek:

Back