City living noise

Does anyone who live in city has to deal with noise issue? i.e. development work, night club, or whatever? How do you deal with it? Is it that bearable?

Everyone is different, and noise is different for every location and places. Are you're the type who can't sleep with the slightest noise?

I don't live exactly in the city, but has live directly in front of a train line, and live in a complex where they're building 3 new buildings. So far closing the window and balcony do the trick when it's too noisy. Noise insulation in apartments nowadays are quite good. I'm the type who can sleep on a rock though :D

I live in a 42 story 2 year old highrise directly over the West Gate Freeway in Southbank Melbourne where there is loads of development going on, the whole apartment is double glazed which helps however late in the evening you can still hear the traffic.

You get used to it quickly, but when my family stays over they feel it is definitely noticeable.

I do theorise though that as electric cars saturate the market further this will become less obnoxious.

I live in a 42 story 2 year old highrise directly over the West Gate Freeway in Southbank Melbourne where there is loads of development going on, the whole apartment is double glazed which helps however late in the evening you can still hear the traffic.

You get used to it quickly, but when my family stays over they feel it is definitely noticeable.

I do theorise though that as electric cars saturate the market further this will become less obnoxious.

One of the many reasons I chose never to reside in a city! Apart from employment I cannot see any advantage to living in a city.

I've stayed inner city Sydney for a while.

I got used to the noise very quickly and had earplugs on hand in case the need for an early night arose and I wanted to sleep before the city did.

Does anyone who live in city has to deal with noise issue? i.e. development work, night club, or whatever? How do you deal with it? Is it that bearable?
There's a vacant block right next door to us, with amazing Bay and City views, if you want to buy it.

I'm sure it's for sale.

We have no noise at all. ;)

I live in fortitude valley in one of the new towers right near the action, and I find it fine. Keep in mind though that I am a single 29 year old male that likes to get out and about most saturday night, and like the fact that I have lots of food options because I work very long hours.

Even then sometimes I do get a little frustrated with it but I have come to terms with the fact that it is a part of life that I will have to live with if I want to be amongst it all.

I lived on Hammersmith Road in London for a year.

It was terrible at the start - buses/traffic running throughout the night, pub goers shouting/carrying on until late into the night.

After a while I became used to it - but couldn't do it again. Especially after living in sleepy Canberra for so long. Only thing waking us up now are fighting possums.

Cheers

Jamie

I lived in Brisbane CBD for 18 months. I loved the hum of the city, and whilst it can be noisy during the day, the insulation and double glazed windows and doors helped. I never got woken by anything noisy, but I was some 12 storeys up. Nearby construction noise on the lower floors made some of the ground and 1st storey apartments unliveable.

So lots of factors to consider...

Back