City of Stirling.

City of Stirling is aiming to be the last council in Australian to introduce recycling bins.

25 years ago when i first received my recycling bin (city of canning), Stirling's elected members said that recycling was a passing fad that would never catch on.

Today i still have only one big green bin. and no recycling in sight.

bit on background for eastsiders - City of Stirling is FAMOUS for its corruption, nepotism and general incompetence. The whole council was sacked a while back and an administrator brought in. Back to elected council now. But someone? must still be making a cut from the garbage collection.

rant over.

List your city of Stirling gripes here: especially property related...

I'm no defender of Stirling - many of their policies suck however they do a pretty good job of sorting the waste with their single bin programme. There was a study done that showed many people who had the 2 bin system mis-sorted and contaminated the recyclable bin contents.

I've visited the Atlas waste plant that sorts the Stirling rubbish and it's pretty cool the way they do it. Their bulk waste sorting facility is also world class and prevents a lot of items ending up in landfill.

I did read in a Stirling newsletter that they might be introducing the 2 bin system soon. I guess people are getting better at sorting now :)

I thought it was Wanneroo council that was done for corruption and sacked?

Anyway my biggest gripe for Stirling is their 'your DA will sit in a black hole for 60 days then be assigned to a town planner and put in another queue to be looked at'. This totally contravenes the WAPC rules which say that any application not determined within 60 days is a deemed refusal.

We received a notice about 6 months ago from the City of Stirling. It mentioned they were moving to the three bin system in the next 24 months from memory.

The part that I thought was interesting was that Stirling Council had decided to only provide the green waste bin to properties with a land size over 450sqm.

They were still planning on charging everyone for them. But if you wanted one and your block size is less than 450sqm then you had to ring up for it.

We received a notice about 6 months ago from the City of Stirling. It mentioned they were moving to the three bin system in the next 24 months from memory.

24 months!!! I don't know that they'll be able to get it off the ground in that sort of short timeframe.

brown paper bags must be in short supply in Stirling.

I hope i get a green bin.

Catseve,

Imagine my shock when the COS sent out the letters that SOP mentioned. Each house to get 3 bins each. So each 693sqm block is going to have 9 wheelie bins, all different colours too. Bit of an eyesore as you drive through the streets. What about multi unit developments?? 24 bins on an 8 unit development.

As Westminster said the COS have a world class waste centre that sorts all the rubbish.

Just a thought that went through my head. I am all for a healthy planet and do our bit with compost, veggie patch, chickens, recycling etc. but some common sense would go along way here.

Catseve,

Imagine my shock when the COS sent out the letters that SOP mentioned. Each house to get 3 bins each. So each 693sqm block is going to have 9 wheelie bins, all different colours too. Bit of an eyesore as you drive through the streets. What about multi unit developments?? 24 bins on an 8 unit development.

Thing is they are each picked up on alternate weeks, so you aren't going to see 24 bins sitting on the verge, hardly an eyesore.

Back