Claiming the insurance benefit after tenant remove the backyard stone tile ?

Folks,

I'm seeking your opinion of whether I should pursue this matter with the Land Lord insurance or ask for more damage claim from the tenant:

During the period of tenancy, my tenant plan to rework my property backyard with the new brick tile, however he only doing it halfway by removing the brick and leaving the ground un-tiled and got away because he cannot afford to continue the lease with the new rate.

From what I can see, the bond money is just a fraction of the cost of re-tiling the backyard again. Should I claim this matter with my Land Lord insurance provider to do the re-tile job or something else.. ?

Did you give him approval to go ahead with this landscaping?

If so, does that mean you cannot claim on your landlord insurance and would have to pursue him through the small claims court?

I've no idea, but if you've given your approval, it could change things.

Did you give him approval to go ahead with this landscaping?

If so, does that mean you cannot claim on your landlord insurance and would have to pursue him through the small claims court?

I've no idea, but if you've given your approval, it could change things.

No I didn't give the tenant permission to do so, the tenant only promised or say that the backyard will be "taken care" by them, but to my surprise they only remove the tile and leave the property without telling me.

Holding the bond money is not enough obviously to cover the cost of the repair.

Back