Classifieds on SS?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but can we have classifieds/for sale section?

It would stop people using Caveat Emptor.

It doesn't need to be property related - could be anything really but include for sale/for rent.

Most of the forums I'm on have this section.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but can we have classifieds/for sale section?

It doesn't need to be property related - could be anything really but include for sale/for rent.

Isnt that what Gumtree is for?

Yes, I am investigating this type of facility for the new forums - it won't just be an open forum for posting whatever though - there will be restrictions and rules.

There's only a few hundred poster here so you won't get much traffic. Better to use gumtree or eBay if you want to advertise things for sale.

Sometimes not everyone is trying to make money from their used stuff. Recently ok180 practically gave away books.

Um the thread is about selling stuff via a classifieds section. The point is there's not enough members here to give you good exposure whether you're selling or giving stuff away. That's why it's best to use gumtree or eBay if you're selling and freecycle if you're giving it away. Those sites have lots of people perusing.

Um the thread is about selling stuff via a classifieds section. The point is there's not enough members here to give you good exposure whether you're selling or giving stuff away. That's why it's best to use gumtree or eBay if you're selling and freecycle if you're giving it away. Those sites have lots of people perusing.

It wouldn't stop me also advertising on there but I'd like to let my SS mates also know that I'm selling/renting/giving away stuff so they can get in on it too.

Yes, I am investigating this type of facility for the new forums - it won't just be an open forum for posting whatever though - there will be restrictions and rules.

Thanks Sim. Most of the forums have rules - ie must have more than 50 posts etc to stop the spammers but they work quite well.

Well it's certainly not in the thousands. You always see the same names posting on here a lot. Nothing wrong with that, just saying it's a small pool of people if you're trying to advertise.

You have to have rules to stop dodgy seminar promoters, brokers who trawl without contributing and developers trying to offload junk amongst others looking to take without giving.

This forum works so very well because it is heavily moderated.

I reckon a classified section has much potential but I'd also like to see it heavily scrutinised with the usual somersoft thoroughness :)

Back