Cleaning teacups?

Hi Folks,

What's the best way to get the old tanin stains off teacups?? :) I tried bicarb but it didn't completely get it off.

I've heard that steradent (?) denture tablets work wonders. Never tried it myself, I find the dishwasher does a good job and stains don't build up. I even bring the cups from work home every now and then for a run through the dishwasher.
Marg

I have had success with sprinkling sugar into the cup and immediately rubbing the sugar into the stains with a chux cloth or similar. It scours without scratching.

I made a bleach solution and filled each cup - left overnight.

You can reuse the same solution on another cup the next day.

Cheers

A few drops of domestos works wonders. Fill the rest with water and let stand for a few minutes, rinse out/wash well.

Don't remove it...!!! that's all the flavour and character in there...awww....!:eek:

Do you know how long it takes to get a good tea cup up to flavour....?

Same with your teapot too....don't scrub it off, just wash as normal to get germs off and clean but geeze...leave the good stuff on there...true!
;)

Hey yeah Sunfish....That Shannon Lush sure is a wizard on stains.....used to listen to her on ABC radio of an arvo.... had an answer for every stain possible and cigarette ash combined with bi-carb soda she'd say fix for most things....only trouble with that now is it'll cost you a fortune in ciggies to get the ash....LOL:D

Ok Folks, now you've helped me out with the tanin stains how about calcium build up on glass shower screens? :)

Never really can get it completely clean and sparkling for some reason. Someone told me that you need to start out with glass that has been specially coated?

Thanks for all your help.

Ok Folks, now you've helped me out with the tanin stains how about calcium build up on glass shower screens? :)

Never really can get it completely clean and sparkling for some reason. Someone told me that you need to start out with glass that has been specially coated?

Thanks for all your help.

Vinegar....;)

nappysan - I used to use it when I was a 18 litre a week coke freak.
By coke I mean the drink. Went cold turkey and am off the demon drink :)

It also works on stained coffee cups. Because the cups are porccalin the nappysan doesn't affect the cups or builds up a residue

The glass shower screen may not ever look clean due to "glass cancer" where minute bubbles eat away at the glass. Shannon Lush has an answer to this. I think it is Goanna Oil rubbed into the glass which fills the minute holes and lasts for a few months, before needing re-coating.

I am not sure it is Goanna Oil but you could google Shannon Lush and check.

Back