cleaning the gutter

hi investors

I wonder if you have been required to clean the gutter due to recent rains.

Can you say that the cleaning of the gutter from falling leaves are part of the investors responsibilities? or the tenants?

Regards
t

Tenant Responsibilities

Breathing
Paying rent - optional

Owner Responsibilities

Everything else

Didn't see gutter cleaning in the first section, so by default it automatically falls into the last section.

Landlord :) - if you ask your tenants to climb up there and they fall down and hurt themselves you'll be compensating them!!!!!

Tenant Responsibilities

Breathing
Paying rent - optional

Owner Responsibilities

Everything else

Didn't see gutter cleaning in the first section, so by default it automatically falls into the last section.

I thought mowing the grass and general (light) garden maintenance was the tenant's responsibility?

Tenant could fall and injure themselves and sue or could damage your gutter with the ladder (even if they have a ladder)

Tenant could pay someone (who has their own insurance) to do the job, whilst tenant sits on back verandah drinking a beer and contemplating how to pay 6 seeks rent in advance. Oh wait i'm dreaming again.

I thought mowing the grass and general (light) garden maintenance was the tenant's responsibility?

I just love how Dazz can be both factious and realistic in the same post!

Mowing and light gardening would be considered optional between 3 monthly inspections! :D

pinkboy

As well as cleaning out the old empty KFC boxes from the lounge room!

I tell you what, some people bake cookies or brew a nice pot of hot coffee just before an open house inspection - but if someone had a box of the dirty bird on the bench....I'd be licking my fingers trying to not get too much oily goodness on the contract!

pinkboy

Daz kills me lol.
Yeah landlord's responsibility, sorry.
Guttergard is a top idea Scott, saves extra visits, maybe trim the trees from whence the leaves cometh ?
Cheers
crest133

I believe that 'Gutter Guard' requires maintenance as does all mesh. How is it cleaned and does sludge accumulate in the guttering, especially near downpipes?

The worst trees are gums. A continuous rain of small sticks and leaves, with the occasional larger branch that can damage the roof. Beautiful trees but planted in suburban backyards are nuisances and 'widow-makers'.

Back