Clearance rates.....holy sh*t

Reply: 1.1

Same thing has been happening in Canberra, Auction clearance rates are being diluted by the 'spring fling'- now about 65%.

One point to note however is that Canberra normally battens down the hatches before an election. Its not happening this time 'round, and agents of 35 years experience have told me that this is the first time in their memory that the market hasn't come off or stopped dead just before a federal election.

Michael Croft
"The best parachute folders are those who jump themselves."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1.1.1

Just to add, we employ I.T Contractors, and they are still getting job offers, thick and fast, not normal pre election at all. They would normally get their current contract locked in till after the 'election storm', but not normally so many other job offers.

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 1.1.1.1

The clearance rate in Melbourne this past weekend jumped up to 72% indicating that, at least in part, the drop has been caused by the market being flooded. Due to the horses this past w/e number of auctions were about a third of the weekend before.

GoAnna !
"The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money."

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

i HATE auctions!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

People say that to own ya own home , have $$$$$ aside as well as property investments is doing quite well.

Life is NOW. Not @ 60 yrs old.

Having attended 3 funerals lately I can relate.

BALANCE.

ENJOY each stage.

Who wants to be the richest Tombstone owner?

Half the time people are so INSECURE with THEIR present STATE that they fail to enjoy what is really important to them at the moment.

ENJOY THE MOMENT. ENJOY THE DAY.
Take the time to talk to someone older & find what has been REALLY important to them.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Yep definitely agree - certainly a subscriber to the "life is a journey, not a destination" philosophy...

On the other hand, I dont think that the 2 are necessarily mutually exclusive - I think that many (particularly on this forum) would say that they find getting rich fun! (when achieved along with all the other important things in life)

?
ab

Reply: 2

Dear Anon,
Believe or not in the Jenman System - doesn't matter, this is the latest from neil jenman, don't know anyone can dispute this:
Pressure:
"At auctions, buyers and seller are nervous. They are highly vulnerable to pressure. The buyers can be pushed to go up in price and the sellers can be crunched to go down in price.
Typical real estate selling is all about making the sales and getting the commission. And, because of the lies told to both sellers and buyers, the best way to make sales is to find the best method of "conditioning", applying the pressure to sellers to persuade them to lower their reserve prices.
That is why the Real Estate Institute of Australia, in one of its published training manuals describes auctions as "the fastest and best conditioning method".
Solution:
Simple. Do what one respected lawyer suggested recently, "Legislate to require the reserve price to be announced at the auction BEFORE bidding starts."
The only people who should be bidding at any auctions are the genuine buyers. Start the auctions at the reserve price, that will get rid of almost all the dummy dibbers. No lies, no manipulation and no need for any false dibs.
In Roman times auctions were known as "sub hasta", which is latin for "under the spear". Today thousands of consumers are speared by the lies of auctions. And so are governments."
I hate auctions, was the under bidder at one very recently at the Sheraton Hotel and will never participate in that style of selling again - very unpleasant experience indeed.
You are absolutely right about unrealistic vendor expectations - i hear the approved jenman agents will not be taking on these vendors, will be telling them they can not help them - Sounds like an interesting concept! - an agent who refuses a sale, what next, sliced bread!
Denise

Jenman.....holy sh*t

Reply: 2.1

Ah Monsieur Jenman, I really wish he would stick to his knitting! He is a good niche marketer who is exploiting his "system" to the hilt. The self righteous and self serving will inherit the earth!

I LOVE AUCTIONS!!! I routinely bid (several times a month) at auctions and love it! No pressure - just pure fun.

Michael Croft

Jenman.....holy sh*t

Reply: 2.1.1

Oooooh,

Well put, MC!!

"Ethics in real estate", My Ar**

Oh well...

asy

There are no problems, only solutions which have not yet been discovered.

Jenman..Point scores.

Reply: 2.1.1.1

We all have ethics.

And the score is printed out in our bank books.

Highest $ points wins

Back