Clearview, SA - House sold higher than the reserve price

Went to an auction today for a house in Clearview. The house is in fair condition with apprx 740 sq mtr of land. The price bracket was $270,000 and the house was sold for $318,000 :eek:. There were in fact 5 bidders.

Is it sign of recovery or market is holding even after FHOG is reduced.

Cheers

a lot of the properties in clearview are on blocks that can be subdivided and this probably explains the price paid.
many houses have been demolished, often old govt housing stocks and the blocks were large enough to fit 2 houses to be built.
the suburb is being transformed and it is not far from the city, plus public transport is being improved too.
regards.

Went to an auction today for a house in Clearview. The house is in fair condition with apprx 740 sq mtr of land. The price bracket was $270,000 and the house was sold for $318,000 :eek:. There were in fact 5 bidders.

Cheers

Almost all subdividable blocks of that size in Clearview sell for 300K+ and I would say the auctioneer and vendor expected to get close to what they got.

Almost all subdividable blocks of that size in Clearview sell for 300K+ and I would say the auctioneer and vendor expected to get close to what they got.

Absolutely agree. Nothing like a bit of underquoting to get some momentum on auction day and pre auction.
No big suprise with the final sale price, that's for sure.

Cheers

As others have said, the property was under quoted. With the odd exception of a run down ex Housing Trust or Aboriginal Housing place, no properties are selling in Clearview/Enfield for $270k on that much land. Old houses have been achieving $310-320k+ for the last couple years.

Clearview/Enfield market is holding steady for old places, but new builds look to be inching up. Received an unsolicited offer on one of my blocks in Enfield last week which was nice, but I'm not a seller. :)

Clearview/Enfield market is holding steady for old places, but new builds look to be inching up. Received an unsolicited offer on one of my blocks in Enfield last week which was nice, but I'm not a seller. :)

Steve, what was the attraction to you block or were they just after any big block in the area? Were they a neighbour or something?

Good stuff.

Gools

Steve, what was the attraction to you block or were they just after any big block in the area? Were they a neighbour or something?

Good stuff.

Gools

They would have sent out multiple offers to properties that suit them, however it wasn't just the standard fishing letter waiting for a bite which is why I took notice;

- Sent to property with above average frontage.
- Didn't send in reference to large block next door which I also own.
- Had my personal details on the letter, not the usual 'owner' you get every other week.
- I assume they have access to a service like RP Data to scan the neighbourhood and find the blocks they like, so would also know I only bought it 2yrs ago and for what price, so would assume they wouldn't waste their time trying to lowball me.
- Offer stands for 2yrs and if purchase to go ahead it's cash unconditional.
- Not a neighbour; neighbours on one side are a young couple with new born baby madly renovating, the other side I own, and behind is now two separate owners after subdivision.

Did a little digging but not much info. available. Their company name and website were only created a few months back, but on the other hand they say they have proprietary floor plans etc - so they could have been at it for a while or they're looking for their first batch of projects.

I need the goss on why this man went for MM. The papers wont print anything now, except that it seemed personal. Last night, the tv media quoted 'you know (maybe remember) my wife' - but all references to that are now gone. There are no court injunctions as they have released the guys name, so why the secrecy......love a conspiracy.

I need the goss on why this man went for MM. The papers wont print anything now, except that it seemed personal. Last night, the tv media quoted 'you know (maybe remember) my wife' - but all references to that are now gone. There are no court injunctions as they have released the guys name, so why the secrecy......love a conspiracy.

I wonder too. Either the guy is a nutter or there is some history there that may reflect badly on Rann.

This guy has supposedly made 'allegations' in the past that Rann is aware of yet he said he didn't know the man.. Hmmm

Back