Click on vinyl laminate

Just wanted to recommend this new product. We installed this last week for my bro's town house. Cheap reno...painting and flooring. But made a huge difference.

It looks awesome and is better than timber laminate. The townhouse has combined kitchen laundry so not ideal for wood or laminate but we wanted a seamless look and tiles was too expensive and vinyl too ugly.

This new product is exactly like timber laminate except is vinyl but it clicks on which I think is better than just vinyl strips. You don't need to use glue but we did use a little.

Best part is no saw dust, sawing, tricky edges and corners. Just utility knife! It's so much easier to install.

Only $16 psq! 14 boards per box. Cost <$500

The reno budget was $1.5k. $300 paint, $<$500 vinyl and $700 for carpet. Change all kitchen and vanity door handles $50. I think it has added at least $10k to the place, maybe even $20k. It looks totally different...like a manhattan loft. The exposed brick under the stairs has become a feature with some black and white frames and clever lighting!

I will take one today and upload later. :) having installed both timber laminate and vinyl...it's so much easier and looks the same but has more benefits.

Our Ip which had timber laminate installed 6 yrs ago will need the whole thing replaced. timber laminate does not wear well long term. gaps everywhere and it moves. have constantly kick it back in and there's only so much you can do to fix up areas with. with this new product i will never use click on laminate again.

it was even easy to cut around the drain...amazing..we love it so much. Vinyl strips is expensive..I think about $25psm. You need to prep the floor with vinyl glue which can be very messy. we just used a glue gun, a lil under each piece. also can put right up againt the skirting boards unlike timber floating floors where you need spacers!! so it looks more clean.

Hi,
can you tell me what it's called please and where you get them?

I laid vinyl strips in one place and it was a hassle with the glue.

I have seen Allure which are vinyl strips but with an edge on the side that you glue the next one to. But they are $49m2.

My stepdaughter had some laid which were self adhesive. I'm trying to find out what they're called. Someone supplied and fitted them (in an hour).

with this stuff, you don't really need glue because it clicks in place...u know it's exactly like laying timber laminate...you bang it in with a block and hammer.

But we use those liquid nail glue $2.20 each at bunnings....just a a lil under each random board and the boards around the edges.

it's so east to cut...go over the line with stanley knife then just bend it and it breaks apart and nice and light too. lays directly onto concrete or any smooth surfaces..even vinyl. No underlay!! yay

i will get the name for you!

This is exactly what I'm looking for for my kitchen flooring :) I was leaning towards getting vinyl planks for about the same price off ebay but this sounds even better. I'm interested in where you got it from? Cheers

Hi,

I have seen Allure which are vinyl strips but with an edge on the side that you glue the next one to. But they are $49m2.

Sorry to quote myself but I didn't explain that properly. The Allure (get at Harvey Norman) have a self sticking edge which you lay the next strip onto (no glue). This seems to be what my stepdaughter has.

The ones you have sound better (at that price anyway).

This is exactly what I'm looking for for my kitchen flooring :) I was leaning towards getting vinyl planks for about the same price off ebay but this sounds even better. I'm interested in where you got it from? Cheers
The main difference is the ones on ebay for $16 are commercial grade ones where these other ones are domestic quality only.
The ebay ones need someone handy to install as it requires glue,where the clip together ones are pretty easy for anyone.:rolleyes:

The main difference is the ones on ebay for $16 are commercial grade ones where these other ones are domestic quality only.
The ebay ones need someone handy to install as it requires glue,where the clip together ones are pretty easy for anyone.:rolleyes:
That's good to hear :) TBH I didn't really like the look of the ebay ones on offer anyway heh. They were a bit too dull for my liking.

That's good to hear :) TBH I didn't really like the look of the ebay ones on offer anyway heh. They were a bit too dull for my liking.

I bought the $10 samples and compared them with the planks I put in my last house that I paid $40 metre for.
They are the same quality ;)

Another forum was talking about similar/same? product.

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36640

I like the sound/look of the Allure but it's expensive.

There are some nasty chemical worries on one review?
http://ottoblotto.blogspot.com/2009/08/allure-flooring-stinks.html

I don't like the idea that water /milk/smell can get underneath and go off.

I have always used the glue down type and nothing can get underneath it :rolleyes:
I admit it is hard to install (Glue)but if you buy it cheaper as a deleted line or ebay then pay a professional layer around $22m2 it works out pretty good.;)

Bump!

I don't think we ever got the name of this wonderful sounding product... its definitely not Allure as it is closer to $50m2 as opposed to $16m2... can anyone help?

Back