Climate change?

GLOBAL WARMING
must be true,
we are having a heat wave, its 2[sup]o[/sup]C in February
doesnt usually get above 0 till April

forecast is for a 'weather incident' overnight though

Bluddy ell! Three inches of rain at that temperature. That would have to be worse than snow, wouldn't it?

Might have washed the snow from the streets though! :eek:

This is somthing rather interesting sent by my uncle in qld ,

He went to sydney for a buisiness meeting, during lunch he met acouple of science gurus , they were here for a climate change meeting being held in syd at the time, he asked how credible this climate change stuff was and they showed him alot of power point presentations, etc etc,
This is what he learned,
1, the ocean is being depleted in oxygen levels, and the small plants are dying as the fish , yada, yada, during the massive dust storms we had in NSW, the dust eventually settled in the ocean, as the red dust settled , being so rich in iron , it caused an oxydising effect and created oxygen as a bi product and as a result their was algie blooms in the area, they are looking at using iron ore to increase this oxygen level in the future.

2, we all know wales live on a small animal called KRILL. Krill lives mostly near and under icebergs, (thats the green colour seen as an ice berg floats ) as the ice bergs break up and float away, they get in the ocean and melt , this leaves lots of unprotected krill for thr wales to now feed on , hence their has been wale birth rate explosion, as of the last five years.

3, their was another about the blubber, but i am sorry i have forgotten???

Nobody even noticed 75mm of rain
the streets are snowless yes, black ashphalt is so pretty in winter
and gravel roads are a little soft, but other than that, nothing,
the river didnt flood,
no ice damming so much rain that the snow was melted not washed into streams in chunks
two degrees colder would be much worse, 75mm of rain dumps as about 3 feet of snow
we've been lucky so far this year, too cold to snow most of the time, too warm yesterday

havent had to tunnel out of the driveway,
only had 3 snow plow days
no "snow to upstairs windows" drifts

Almost Bob,

Was talking to a friend in Canada during one of our 40deg days and she advised me that it was about 2 deg where she was. Spoke to another friend ove there who said that where she is 2 deg is shorts weather as it gets to -50 at times.

How true is this?

Slim:)

ps. You watching the off topic tally, it's over 950 now.

Edit: This should be linked to Craig's post:

That's why it is now "climate change" not "global warming"? Warming has stopped but many "one in a hundred year" events will still occur every year. There are hundreds of "events" to measure and thousands of sites at which to measure them.

Today Birdsville had the highest rainfall since measurement began. If a few thousand people died they would blame it "CC". But how is rain in central Oz a bad thing? I KNOW nobody is going to pump irrigation water out of L. Eyre..... but!

Slim Pikins,
In our area it gets to be about -25C,but out west it does get that cold.

I work with people you wear shorts all year round while at work.
Yes, at 2C you do see some brave/crazy people jogging in shorts.

I'm getting Brave, went outside without a coat, coat, another coat and a hat, when it was 2

It gets cold enough that if you stop at a traffic light the engine cools down enough that the autochoke turns on

Don't take this personally AB, it is generic, but with "peak oil" past/at/near depending on your advisor, why would you not move to Florida? (I know you must make a dollar but....) At least you could survive without a cellar of heating oil.

A cellar of wine is just so mush more social. :)

Edit: "mush". A fruedian slip?

the weather incident hit a lot harder elsewhere, school busses not running, flooding, blinding blowing snow, highways closed 4 hours till the plows finish
My 12:00 rang, 'Not coming, won't drive the highway', and not even bat an eye, we're lucky, still getting rain
the road we bought is gravel(mud), car looks like Ive been birdsville & back 3 times

Last edited:
Don't take this personally AB, it is generic, but with "peak oil" past/at/near depending on your advisor, why would you not move to Florida? (I know you must make a dollar but....) At least you could survive without a cellar of heating oil.

A cellar of wine is just so mush more social. :)

Edit: "mush". A fruedian slip?
Florida has gotten bombed with ice storms, its worse there, there isnt the infrastructure to clear the roads, or heat the houses

Toronto has much worse weather than NS, ,

You're gunna love it when you're leaving and they bring these great big hose trucks to the plane to wash enough frost n ice off the wings so the plane can take off
freaked me out,

sings 'ah but its cold outside'

Back