Cloud Based Accounting

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this Forum and I'm finding it to be a very useful resource!

I'm looking into changing my business accounting software to a cloud based option and wondering if anyone has any thoughts/preferences/experience with either MYOB or XERO. Unless there is another option I should be looking at?

I have found some threads on these but because the software is always
updating I though it best to get more up to date opinions.

I Run a very small Kitchen manufacturing business so I don't need anything too grand. I currently use pc based MYOB but I'm feeling like it just has too much crap that I don't need and slows me down.

I use invoicing, quoting, purchasing and payroll. I don't use inventory or stock control. I do about 10 invoices a month and about 20 purchases.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

thanks kindly

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this Forum and I'm finding it to be a very useful resource!

I'm looking into changing my business accounting software to a cloud based option and wondering if anyone has any thoughts/preferences/experience with either MYOB or XERO. Unless there is another option I should be looking at?

I have found some threads on these but because the software is always
updating I though it best to get more up to date opinions.

I Run a very small Kitchen manufacturing business so I don't need anything too grand. I currently use pc based MYOB but I'm feeling like it just has too much crap that I don't need and slows me down.

I use invoicing, quoting, purchasing and payroll. I don't use inventory or stock control. I do about 10 invoices a month and about 20 purchases.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

thanks kindly

Hi mate,

MYOB is dinosaur software in my humble opinion, for my business we use Xero, it is awesome, very easy to invoice clients (apart from direct debits to clients which I have to do manually). Otherwise, it is way better than the other providers.

In terms of cloud, yes its good, however, I have another system to back up etc.

cheers, Ivan

I have used quickbooks, MYOB and Xero.

I currently use XERO and think it is so much better than MYOB that use a work around so my practice management software (which must be used with MYOB) actually feeds to Xero instead.

I use cashflow manager. I have used Quick books and MYOB - Cashflow manager is so easy to use compared to these two, also you don't need to update the software annually.

I have only heard good things about XERO but have never used it..

I don't have any experience with XERO but I used MYOB for company and small business accounts for over 10 years before dumping it. It was just taking up too much time for relatively simple books. My books are so simple, I switched to excel!

Xero is VG but its not like its YouTube and can be funny. Its still accounting software.

But if you are very familiar with MYOB its cloud offering is basically identical to the PC version and can use the same initial setup etc. So you can get cracking now and worry about changing later. The cloud version is always up to date and current and you dont need ANY software. Pay by the month too.

I use SAASU for my accounting.

Haven't tried any other but have heard that it's similar to XERO and slightly cheaper monthly fee.

I like using SAASU- bank feeds, invoicing, (can use stock inventory but I don't use it), works out Super, Payroll etc.

What I like is that I see how much money I made in the current quarter as soon as I log in. It can be motivating at times and sometimes it deflates your feelings.

There is a free trial for 30 days....

Myob

MYOB had a online webinar yesterday to launch their "new" cloud products features. A good step forward and worth a relook. Basically three options:
- Cashbook (excusive through their accountants and agents)
- Basic accounting (no payroll)
- Premium (incl payroll)
Data feeds etc all capable and easy to set rules can post to ledger accounts automatically. Nice new features allow new accounts that can even be words rather than acct numbers !!! Really made for non-accountants. Accountant easily fixes it later.
New features include some good "non-accountant" dashboard stuff. eg : tells you at a glace who owes what, when its due, profit for week, whats owing and whats overdue - No "reports" as such.

New features are across abroad range of devices and can be shared eg : iphone, ipda, tablet, desktop etc even accountant can all share same access. Online payments etc.

Worth a re-look / trial

Back