Clueless unsupportive mother

Yes, probably a little harsh I think.

... educate the parents, never too old, who said they wont learn, or wont get it, they don't know what they don't know. Spend some time and you just never know what can happen.

Imagine telling parents you are buying in USA? now that's a big one:)

MTR

I agree, but depends on parents I guess, if they are not interested to learn, no need to worry them. My mum on other hand wants to know everything about it and would give me more deposit if needed

I agree, but depends on parents I guess, if they are not interested to learn, no need to worry them. My mum on other hand wants to know everything about it and would give me more deposit if needed

I don't tell my mother all the details she would have a coronary, I just tell her what she needs to know.
My mother's classic line is "how long will it take to pay that one off":p

I don't tell my mother all the details she would have a coronary, I just tell her what she needs to know.
My mother's classic line is "how long will it take to pay that one off":p
That's the opposite of mine. I was having a chat with my Dad about his Melbourne IP. My IP in Melbourne and his IP in Melbourne are both currently valued in the mid $600k range. He paid $140k for his and I paid $385k for mine. Although, he did a major reno a couple of years ago. I mean major. The whole house was stripped back and rebuilt inside... new kitchen, bathrooms, polished floors... everything. Still, seems like the investment was worth it.

Considering the comments above, I feel really lucky to be able to discuss property with my parents. If they weren't supportive, I wouldn't talk to them about it.

my folks are pretty clueless when it comes to investment.

i try to show them the light, but horse to water and all that.

i just don't bring it up any more, i don't discuss what i do - no point.

That's the opposite of mine. I was having a chat with my Dad about his Melbourne IP. My IP in Melbourne and his IP in Melbourne are both currently valued in the mid $600k range. He paid $140k for his and I paid $385k for mine. Although, he did a major reno a couple of years ago. I mean major. The whole house was stripped back and rebuilt inside... new kitchen, bathrooms, polished floors... everything. Still, seems like the investment was worth it.

Considering the comments above, I feel really lucky to be able to discuss property with my parents. If they weren't supportive, I wouldn't talk to them about it.

Good one, its a nice place to be:)

My children can always discuss properties with me:), but daughter no 1 too busy travelling and having fun, daughter no 2 following daughter no1 in hot pursuit, that's OK, the hard yards when they get back. That will teach them to slack off:p

Good one, its a nice place to be:)

My children can always discuss properties with me:), but daughter no 1 too busy travelling and having fun, daughter no 2 following daughter no1 in hot pursuit, that's OK, the hard yards when they get back. That will teach them to slack off:p
It's great you are supportive of your children investing though. I think it's good for them!

Back