Coffee Beans

Zaraffas were started quite a while back on the Gold Coast - my brother went through school with the girl who started it.

their coffee is pretty good for chain store stuff - much better than GJ's or starbucks etc. and light years ahead of coffee club and the like.

still not nearly as good as the proper boutique roasters though.

trivia note - Zaraffa is swahili (I think, some African dialect anyway) for Giraffe, hence their logo!

My hubby is a coffee addict and decided to invest in a Gaggia coffee machine a few years back and it grinds the beans also. His fav beans for everyday are Illy (think you can even buy these from supermarket) or if he wants to splash out he buys Jamaican blue mountain beans. He had to sell me the idea of buying such an expensive coffee machine but it has saved us buying coffee out. If only we could take it with us when travelling!

Thanks everyone for all your hints and tips.

The coffee making is going well and I'll be looking out for the coffee recommendations when I'm out and about.

I'm happier with the Five Senses than I was at first - getting better extraction now that we've worked out what we're doing, and the cold is mostly gone too so a sense of taste has returned.

Thanks again.

Back