Coffee Snob...

I grow my own coffee

My wife makes her own cups. It tastes sooooo much better when you drink from a virgin cup.

This glazed ceramic rubbish from China, which has been through 10,000 washing cycles just is horrible. The 'real' coffee drinkers will know what I mean....you can taste the boiling detergent if you are aware of what you are doing.

We have virgin cups every morning straight out of our kiln. Naturally they are big, to reduce the surface area to volume contamination between the black liquid and cup. The interface is what the human tongue can taste....once again, if you know what you are doing.

Some people we know actually drink from public cups in cafes. Life's too short to drink from anything but a virgin cup.

my Wife Makes Her Own Cups. It Tastes Sooooo Much Better When You Drink From A Virgin Cup.

This Glazed Ceramic Rubbish From China, Which Has Been Through 10,000 Washing Cycles Just Is Horrible. The 'real' Coffee Drinkers Will Know What I Mean....you Can Taste The Boiling Detergent If You Are Aware Of What You Are Doing.

We Have Virgin Cups Every Morning Straight Out Of Our Kiln. Naturally They Are Big, To Reduce The Surface Area To Volume Contamination Between The Black Liquid And Cup. The Interface Is What The Human Tongue Can Taste....once Again, If You Know What You Are Doing.

Some People We Know Actually Drink From Public Cups In Cafes. Life's Too Short To Drink From Anything But A Virgin Cup.

Lol..........

My wife makes her own cups. It tastes sooooo much better when you drink from a virgin cup.

This glazed ceramic rubbish from China, which has been through 10,000 washing cycles just is horrible. The 'real' coffee drinkers will know what I mean....you can taste the boiling detergent if you are aware of what you are doing.

We have virgin cups every morning straight out of our kiln. Naturally they are big, to reduce the surface area to volume contamination between the black liquid and cup. The interface is what the human tongue can taste....once again, if you know what you are doing.

Some people we know actually drink from public cups in cafes. Life's too short to drink from anything but a virgin cup.

That's pretty cool too

What about plates ?

Cutlery ?

Only drawback for me would be the inability to eat out....

But now that you've le thet cat out of the bag, you know that everyone will be doing it...

apparently those powerbands also make coffee taste better, something about the beans being balanced and in touch with the earth more...

should try it ;)

Yep, guilty!

So much so that I sent my 15 year old daughter off to Tafe tonight, her first night participating in a short course on the art of espresso coffee making. (No I am not joking)
It's time she learns to use the "big shiny silver machine" in the kitchen. (Again, not joking, this was her answer when the instructor asked who has a machine at home and what type?)
$260 for the course seems reasonable to me if it means she can finally make me a coffee that I actually will drink!

Well, it seems we have a healthy mix of coffee aficionado's and 'common people' ;) merely jest....

Mrs Indi & Mstr Indi were at the supermarket the other day and Mstr Indi (13 yrs) tried a small coffee from an 'in-store tasting stand' and abruptly outburst with:

"AAHHHH, they burnt the coffee! How can American's drink that crap?!"

I'm so proud!!! :D At the dizzy age of 13.... what a little champ! Not too many years before we can move onto wine :D .... now that's a whole other thread! ;)

Yes I'm a snob.

What can I say, once you get used to the good stuff it's hard to go back.

I've tried many different options over the years to make coffee at home. Plungers, cheapie machines, expensive machines, etc.

The best option I've found for making yourself a single coffee at home are the little Italian stove top things ($30) using freshly ground beans (grinder $30).

Other option would be a Nespresso. Sure, a more traditional machine may be better but so much cleaning, water and time just for a single cup.

Yes I'm a snob.

What can I say, once you get used to the good stuff it's hard to go back.

I've tried many different options over the years to make coffee at home. Plungers, cheapie machines, expensive machines, etc.

The best option I've found for making yourself a single coffee at home are the little Italian stove top things ($30) using freshly ground beans (grinder $30).

Other option would be a Nespresso. Sure, a more traditional machine may be better but so much cleaning, water and time just for a single cup.

I suggetsed this last time we had this discussion on this forum - no replies / takers however.... If you want to learn how to make a coffee, this will teach you.. if you just want to have a coffee machine at home cuase everyone's go one, then buy the $2k fully automatic ones and don't bother to work out how to us it !

Attachments

• coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 63
Sure, a more traditional machine may be better but so much cleaning, water and time just for a single cup.

Not much cleaning with my machine. I tip out the waste every few days when it gets full, and I fill it each morning. That's about it.

However, it appears I am only a coffee half-snob :D as I am too lazy to grind my own beans. I like Harris vacuum packed, five beans strong. Maybe I could try some different (freshly roasted and ground) beans, but I do like my Harris.

Not much cleaning with my machine. I tip out the waste every few days when it gets full, and I fill it each morning. That's about it.

However, it appears I am only a coffee half-snob :D as I am too lazy to grind my own beans. I like Harris vacuum packed, five beans strong. Maybe I could try some different (freshly roasted and ground) beans, but I do like my Harris.

Well imagine if you got the Harris beans winthin a dya of them getting roasted... instead of up to 2 years after they have been roasted like the ones you buy now.. imagine how much better it would taste than what it already does...

We just came back from the Ikea store. When you join you get free bottomless coffee...I had the hot chocolate and it was delicious. Rob had the coffee and he went back for seconds, so it must have been drinkable.

They have great food prices in there too.
Had the chicken snitzle with fries with kids veg/pasta bowl...2 of thes for $9.95 and free drinks :)
Brought my chicken home and will eat tomorrow for a meal.

I should have mentioned I'm more referring to machines that do the milk as well.

My 'crazy' method is to do the espresso shot in the stove pot whilst I microwave the milk for 45 secs to make a flat white.

Sounds weird but very easy to simple and easy to clean, just one cup and the little pot - and with fresh beans is better than your average Muffin Break et al style coffee. The milk does get a little frothy from the crema.

Some people might ignore everything else I'll say from now on after suggesting to microwave the milk, but it really just needs to be heated. I'll trade the foamy milk for the huge convenience.

Yeah!! I also heat my milk in the micro. I am too lazy to use the steam nozzle and I drink flat white. Probably the real "snobs" will be shocked :eek::D.

Kathryn, I like Ikea for a cheap meal, but their coffee is undrinkable :eek:. You really need to taste some better coffee so you too can be a coffee snob :p:D. I will definitely try the hot chocolate, because I refuse to drink their coffee.

Back