coke vs water (might find it interesting)

W

WebBoard

For the Coke drinkers among you, and those of you who don't drink enough water (including me)  Fortunately it doesn't say anything bad about wine!

Water

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the world population)

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.

5. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

Coke

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material placards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

just let me get that glass water...

Reply: 2

reverting to my childhood for a minute, ooohhhh that's gross.

I'm interested to know what is your source?

Jude

~ Never take no for an answer from someone not empowered to say yes ~

coke vs water (urban legend)

Reply: 3

As with all tall stories, it is always useful to check out the authority on such things... snopes.

http://www.snopes2.com/cokelore/acid.htm

Claim: "The acids in Coca-Cola not only make it a handy household cleaning product, but harmful to drink as well."

Sorry to disappoint.

However, I will mention that wife tells me about the use of Coke in some Hospital Emergency departments as an effective method of removing small bones lodged in people's throats. Just pour some coke down the patient's throat and let it do the rest.

Scary but true and aparently it works (for small bones !) - no surgery required.

sim.gif

Sim's random kinda-meaningful cliche-quote:
~ Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is. ~

Last edited:

Reply: 3.1

But

If you dilute the Coke with Scotch the majority of problems quickly disappear

Gee Cee

Hick !!

Reply: 4

Bloody hell, just give me a beer then.

A happy and drumk Rob..

Chheerss

Reply: 3.1.1

On 8/24/01 8:04:00 PM, Gee Cee Cee wrote:
>But
>
>If you dilute the Coke with
>Scotch the majority of
>problems quickly disappear

Sacralege... you must be drinking very cheap scotch to dilute it with Coke.. best way is to store scotch in fridge then serve it cold direct, no ice no water !!!

Reply: 4.1

yeah, but coke still tastes better!

Reply: 4.1.1

Not commpaired to a guniess....

Hicup. Cheers Me

Reply: 4.1.1.1

Robert

Is your reference to "guniess" a Kiwi version (as in sux 6 and tun 10) of Ireland's Guiness??

Don't worry, you're probably to 'pussed' to respond 'cohurently' anyway....

;>)

Cheers Ian

Reply: 4.1.1.1.1

Australian Institute of Sport did massive research (they always do it to improve the performance of the athletes) on drinking in general and water in particular.

They could not understand why, when they encourage athletes drink lot of water (in old days) many of them did not feel very well and some even developed all sorts of chronic problems as well as they some of them had lethal outcome in some cases.

Obviously it was and is a concern to them as well as to us.

After they finished that study they discovered that if people drink too much water it works on same way as if you dilute engine oil with petrol and pour it back into that engine. Oil gets very thing and does not do the job (lubricating and cooling).

Similar sort of, if you will put too much water (ice) into scotch. Eventually it loses the taste and strength, simply because no scotch left in the bucket/barrel.

Same with the blood in you (or anyone) body, it gets thing and does not do the job (supplying good stuff and taking away bad one).

Now they (Australian Institute of Sport) saying –
Drink what ever you bloody like as longer as you can swim or run...

So, what can we say? Good luck. Let us know if it gets any better.

Serge.

coke vs water

Reply: 4.1.1.1.1.1

And the AIS also gets it's funding from ???? Just like the little tick on
anything that says "Approved by the heart foundation" , that sh** isn't
healthy, they just provide funds to Heart Research! Go and learn about
trans-fatty acids in margarine and you would never touch the stuff..

Anyway, I think it's obvious that coke isn't so good for you... most people
have vices, some are wives, husbands, smoking, friends, jobs, caffiene but
we all have choice and information to make that decision. Unfortunately
though, herd mentality prevails in most circumstances and that is probably
the main thing most of us need to overcome.

Matthew

Fun and Coke :)

Reply: 5

I thought I might add my two cents...

- Diet Coke freezes in a way that separates the water from the flavour, so the bottle has very weakly flavored ice near the edge of the bottle, and an intensely flavored syrup at the core. Normal coke on the other hand doesn't do this.

- I can't find anything to back it up, and I haven't done it myself, but if you leave a black jellybean in a glass of coke overnight, they both go clear. (I heard it on Dr Karl Kruzchenski's show on JJJ a long time ago)

- You can clean stains off most metallic surfaces with Coke

- The original Coke formula DID contain a level of cocaine. However, it is unlikely that the formula added the substance in the same was we know it; rather, used the plants it is naturally found in.

- In Russia a can of coke costs about the same as the average weekly wage. Even so, coke manages to make very substantial profits out of their Russian operations, and distribute significant amounts of the brown liquid.

- In Mandarin Chinese, the word for Coca Cola (keku kele) literally means "(one) can put it in one's mouth, (one) can be happy!"

Cheers

~Brent

Re: coke vs water

Reply: 4.1.1.1.1.1.1

I worked for Coca Cola for four years. Most valuable lesson learnt??
(Other than too much of the stuff is no good?)...Since 1906, 33% of all
profit goes back into marketing - regardless of what sort of year they've
had. This is one of the principles in the company that has never been
compromised. I think it's smart. It shows a firm understanding of what it
took to get them where they are, and that no-one (including the largest
corporations in the world) can rest on their laurels or past performance.

To sell is one thing - that's easy. Marketing is about convincing people
that they need you, your product and your services. If done properly, the
sale part comes easy. That's the one thing I take my hat off to Coca Cola
for. It's marketing mega success story.

Cheers,

Dave
:)

{Life's short...play hard}

Back