Cold Calling

Hi,

If you dont know, a cold call, is a call out of the blue where someone has got your number out of either a phone book or a mailing list and are trying to sell you something.

We all get them, and most of the time they are irritating.

But what if you have something you can sell?

I mean is the call unsolcited when they call you and you try a sales pitch on them?

My niche is wraps and I will soon be at that stage where I'm looking for investors to do joint ventures.

I wonder about the legal implications of hawking to hawkers?, if nothing else, its sounds satisfying at lease ? :p

What are other people's opinion?

Imagine you had a nice deal, where the deposit required was 20%+, wouldnt some external funds help?, how would you cut the hawker off to pitch your deal to them?

This could be a nice online tutorial/exercise.

Michael G

Hi Michael,

Originally posted by michaelg
I wonder about the legal implications of hawking to hawkers?, if nothing else, its sounds satisfying at lease ? :p

I don't know what the legal implications are, but I always try to turn the situation around. I run two businesses selling too, so I view any cold caller as a potential customer. By making that cold caller see something beneficial in what I have to offer for them personally, then I take the whole lot off line. They are, after all, paid to do what they do, so I do not want to get them into trouble. We swap numbers and take it from there.

Imagine you had a nice deal, where the deposit required was 20%+, wouldnt some external funds help?, how would you cut the hawker off to pitch your deal to them?

I always respond initially with: "hey, sounds like a good product. Do you have it yourself?" 90% of the time they don't. "Why not?" More often that not it is a question of finance. You then become someone with something to offer, and they can benefit, especially with your wrap deals!

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire

My guess MG is you will be more likely to find wrapp buyers than finance partners from Telemarketers.

Even gun telesales pros spend 105% of their income.

Nothing wrong with pitching an investment to an outbound call centre, it's their dime but it's your time.

Regards

Paul Zag
Dreamspinner

Micael,

Upon returning to Perth last year, I was out of work with 2 tenantless IP's and a wife about to give birth to our daughter. The IT industry was at it's bottom and we were living in a cramped house with family.

During a 2 week period, I made 153 cold calls to software companies in Perth with the intention of selling my services for profit (wages)....I can't see the difference between this and selling houses/encyclopedias/thongs/bbq's etc

As long as you are selling a product openly and honestly, I can't see a problem with it.

Glenn

Back